twenty

Vladimir didn't say another word, instead, he stood up immediately and began striding back to the dining room where everyone else was

I tried to catch up to him and when I did I saw the panic on everyone's faces, even Alexander but not Nikolai or Joziah. They looked as if him being furious was an every day thing.

"How the fuck could you let her get hurt?" Vladimir roars, causing me to take a few steps back and Nikolai to stand up instantly.

"We didn't know where‐" Alexi tries to explain.

"You didn't fucking know where? How stupid can you actually be, you have so many fucking sources. I bet you were sitting on your asses doing nothing while Victoria was obviously being abused." His tone doesn't lower and he looked as if he was about to unleash his anger on someone.

"Vladimir-" Alexi begins again in attempt to calm him down.

Nikolai begins walking toward me and around Vladimir who doesn't bat and eye toward him. I tune out the arguing as Nikolai places a hand on my shoulder and begins to guide me away from the room.

"Let's go Victoria, where's your room?" He asks in a reassuring tone.

"Upstairs." I answer mindlessly and he looks down at me with an amused grin.

"I didn't know that." He says sarcastically, making me laugh slightly.

We both walk upstairs and I push the door to my room open. He follows behind me and I sit down on the bed while he takes my desk chair and swivels it around.

I sit there for a minute before deciding to ask all the questions that had been building up in my mind the past few days.

"Who are you guys? Like, I know you're Joziah's brothers but I saw the fear in everyone's eyes when Vladimir began shouting. And don't expect me to believe Joziah is just a bodyguard." I explain, watching as he nods with a small chuckle.

"You're smart. But I can't tell you, well I can but it will cause problems for you and your brothers. You'll think differently of them and us when we're not overly bad guys." He rests his arms on the back of the chair.

"Oh come on. At this point I don't even care, I just want to know what's happening. Reuben basically threatened that if I told that cop something incriminating I was be in trouble. And they were barely fazed when someone was killed right in front of them." I huff, crossing my legs and moving further backward on the bed.

"I don't want to be one of those annoying idiots from books who doesn't tell someone something and they get into something dangerous but..." he trails off, looking as if he didn't know whether to tell me or not.

"Please, Nikolai. My brothers won't ever tell me anything and I won't think less of them. Maybe Reubem and Alexi but anyway." I mumble the last part causing him to laugh.