eight

I smiled as my head hit the pillow

I smiled as my head hit the pillow. It had been a long few days since the...incident...but now my brothers had finally agreed to let me start school.

Of course, I hated school with a burning passion and I would most definitely not be getting a 4.0 no matter how much I studied.

But I also didn't particularly like staying home all the time. Not that I didn't like my brother's company, but, I wanted to experience fresh air, the human race. Though I never was friends with anyone, but one person.

I pushed the thought out of my head as quickly as it came but I knew that was the end of a peaceful sleep.

I groaned and sat up some more. My ribs were somewhat better but not fully so I was on strict orders to take painkillers and tell one of them if my ribs started to hurt more.

I turned my head to check the alarm clock.

12.30am

I sighed and pushed myself off the bed, aswell as pulling on my R.H hoodie on, so much for a peaceful sleep.

Making my downstairs, I tried not to make any sound. Apart from my feet against the cold floor and myself muttering to the floor not be so cold there was no noise.

I checked both ways before walking outside. My brothers stood by their level of intelligence but they forgot to lock the door.

Once the night air hit me, I sighed, staring up at the sky.

"Victoria." I heard, and swung at the person behind me.

"Shit, sorry." I muttered, looking down.

"You've got a mean right hook." Wyatt chuckled, touching his cheek.

I just punched my brother. I just- what the hell did I just do. Fuck.

I looked up sheepishly, preparing a whole sorry speech in my head. He just moved his hand to his lip, then pulled it away, chuckling more.

"Wyatt, I'm honestly so sorry, I didn't know who you were, you know, I didn't recognize your voice, and I only noticed when you turned around, wait I should have realized, who else is living here, is there anyone else living here, I mean-." I rambled on, cursing myself throughout the entire ordeal, until he cut me off.

"Vic." He stated and I faceplamed.

"You've never rambled since you've been here, what's up?" He asked, sitting down and pointing in front of him.

I obliged, sitting down and sighed deeply, running a hand through my hair, frustrated.

"I just- I remembered someone." I stated, not looking him in the eyes. For some reason, crazy partying brother or not, Wyatt seemed easy to talk to.

"Who?" He asked, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"It was no one to do with Logan." I assured, and he nodded, calming down.

"I don't know if I or my old principle told any of you this, but I didn't have any friends in my last school." I breathed out, clicking my tongue.

"But, when I was 10, I had a best friend, and we were inseparable. He was so fucking annoying but I loved him for it, and...I told him about...my issues at home, I asked him not to tell anybody even when he wanted to, and he didn't, but he was there, when I had a broken rib or something as simple as a bust lip. His name was Hunter. Anyway, he had to move away when we were 12, it doesn't matter and I won't see him again." I finished off sharply, wiping the tears that shed.

I looked up fully, seeing amusement dance in his eyes. He clearly shrugged whatever spell was over him off, because when I stood up to walk back inside, he gently grasped my wrist.

I turned to look at him as he stood up.

"We can find him, if you want, and by the way, that's Reuben's hoodie." He smirked, walking away right after.

I stared in awe at the his retreating figure, contemplating what he just said. Wait a minute, I didn't-

How would they be able to find him? And, how was this Reuben's hoodie-.

R.H.

Reuben Hunt.

I'm such a dumbass.

I groaned in defeat at tonight's revelations. Making my way back to my room, I was much more tired that originally and as I checked the clock it was 1am.

I sighed, pulling the covers over me, and with that, I fell asleep.

****

When I woke up it was because of constant clapping in my ear. I kept my eyes closed and waved my hand around.

"Hunter stop that shiiiiiiiii fuck." My eyes were now open wide and I bolted up faster that light.

My eyes darted around the room to see Wyatt doubling over in laughter, Damon with an angry expression standing next to me, and Callan who just looked shocked.

Apart from Wyatt's animalistic hyena laugh, there was complete silence until he sorted himself out.

"That-thats how he woke you up." He stated and when I rolled my eyes he doubled over once again, clutching his stomach.

Damon waited expectantly, probably for a thorough explanation and I sighed.

"Just let me get dressed, I'll explain everything." I breathed out, watching as he gave me a glare over his shoulder as he left.

Wyatt was right about one thing though. Logan and the evil stepmother never cared if Hunter walked me to school. They wanted me to seem 'fine' so social services wouldn't show up.

So, that was what I woke up to when he came to walk me. Fun. I know. Note the sarcasm.

I had a quick shower, dried off, and then dressed in some high waisted black jeans and a white blouse with my signature converse.

I dreaded my explanation because I knew all but Wyatt would take it in the wrong way.

As soon as I walked round the corner, each and every one of my brothers was sat around the table.

Alexi pushed a waffle toward the empty seat like we were in an interrogation. Wyatt was still trying not laugh and Zane continued to elbow him.

"Right, listen guys." I stated as I sat down, taking a bite of the waffle. It was actually nice all circumstances forgotten.

"Look, I explained this to Wyatt. Hunter was my only friend ever. I met him when I first started school at 10 and he moved away 2 years later. I never saw him again, but he helped me through a lot." I said, waiting for their responses.

Alexi nodded after a minute so most of them left, besides Damon and Reuben who glared at me before leaving to do whatever.

"Victoria, grab your bag, your driving with the triplets always." Alexi rushed out, seemingly now in a hurry.

I just nodded, taking a few more bites of the waffle before heading out to the car.

Strangely enough, I thought we were acting more like a family, all I could do was hope it would last.
_______________________________________

Double update today!!!!!