eleven

By some miracle, I managed to pretend I was coming out of class when the bell rang

By some miracle, I managed to pretend I was coming out of class when the bell rang. My brothers didn't suspect anything and personally, I think I deserve an award for my acting skills.

Currently I was procrastinating against homework that was given on the first day. Do teachers have nothing better to do.

I looked at the question in front of me.

8846 ÷ 24 × 52 + 2122 =

How am I supposed to do that, and, what will it help me achieve in the future other than knowing the answers to questions that will never be asked.

It was suddenly brought to my attention that I have a nice brother who might be able to help.

Picking the damned book up, I walked out to the hallway and made my way to Wyatt's room.

After knocking on the door, I waited a while before he opened it and gave me a questioning look.

I held the book out and he chuckled, motioning for me to enter. I did so and sat his desk while he took the book from me.

"You really don't know the answer or you haven't tried to work it out?" He asked. I rolled my eyes playfully and shook my head.

"I haven't tried to work it out but I still dont know the answer." I replied, grinning.

He grabbed a pen and looked focused while he wrote some stuff down.

"Do you know the answers?" I asked. He looked up and smiled at me before handing the book back.

I took it and looked at the questions, they had all been answered and by the looks of it, correctly. Just as I was about to thank him, the door opened and I threw the book back, it hitting the wall with a thud.

"What the hell was that?" Reuben asked and we both looked back and shrugged.

"I hit a fly." I stated and he definitely didn't believe me but left it.

"Anyway, dinners ready." He said after a minute. He turned to leave but stopped.

"What are you both up to? I've never seen you venture anywhere but the kitchen, library, living room and your bedroom Victoria." He said, narrowing his eyes.

I stopped for a moment, if he knew I didn't do the work on my own, he would tell Alexi and then my life would be partly ruined.

"Sibling time." Wyatt chuckled, sending me a 'You owe me' look as he walked past me and followed Reuben down the hall.

Once everyone was seated and eating, Alexi spoke.

"How was you first day Victoria?" He asked and I reluctantly left the spaghetti alone.

"It was good, I made some friends and I worked hard in my lessons." I answered and he just stared in disbelief.

"Funny that, I seemed to get a call from one of your teachers saying you and someone else were kicked out of class."

I froze. My movements stopped and I'm sure my heartbeat surpassed the speed limit.

I sighed and readied myself to explain.

"Before you say anything please let me explain." I said and he nodded.

"I was playing with my pencil because the teacher was going on about Antarctica. I wasn't interested and I'd much rather have learned more about South Korea. Anyway, I accidentally flicked it and it hit him in the side of the face with a bit of force." I replied hesitantly, but truthfully.

Wyatt was laughing silently along with a few of the others, even Creed was covering his face from Alexi's view. Damon had a small smirk playing on his lips while he swirled the fork around and Adrian looked as if he'd officially given up on this family.

"What about the other kid?" Alexi asked, sighing.

"Colt. He's one of my new friends and honestly, it was more the teachers fault. He moved his leg to the side and the teacher didn't notice and went head first into to floor." I answered and the table was soon in a fit of laughs.

Who knew they had this much humour in them.

Alexi ran a hand down his face before sighing again. He placed his hands on the table and looked at me.

"You're grounded." He spoke and my eyes widened.

"But-." I started and he cut me off.

"You won't be going anywhere outside the house other than school and if one of us takes you out." He continued and I groaned in annoyance.

"But you can invite your friends around this weekend. I'm sure all of us that haven't met them, would like to." He finished.

Doesn't that the defeat the object? But I'll go with it.
_______________________________________

Sorry for the short update guys but I hope you liked this chapter!