seventeen

Through blurry vision I rubbed my palms on my lap as a police officer stood in front of me

Through blurry vision I rubbed my palms on my lap as a police officer stood in front of me. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and looked up at his sympathetic expression.

My brothers hadn't said anything to me since Reuben ignored my demand for answers and emotions had flooded me all at once.

I gave answers to all his questions while a few of my brothers gave threatening glares from the opposite side of the room. Probably willing me not to tell anyone anything even though I didn't actually know anything.

But I did learn the officers name who I was speaking to. Greyson King. He was 20, so younger than Alexi and had black hair with grey eyes.

As he turned to leave I acted irrationally and grabbed his forearm. He looked back down at me with an inquisitive look. Reuben shot me a dangerous glare which officer greyson saw.

A worried and angered expression covered his features but nevertheless I spoke in a small but firm voice.

"W-who was the lady killed?" I asked, grasping at any answers I could get at this moment.

"Blair Dain, her husband is Kade Dain." He answered and I watched as a boy, no older than 10 ran up to the man I now knew as Kade.

My eyes switched back to stormy grey and I wiped my eyes once again in hope of calming myself down.

"What's your name?" He asked and I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Victoria." I answered.

"Who's that?" He questioned, glancing briefly at Reuben.

"My brother." I replied hesitantly.

He nodded wordlessly, anger and suspicion remaining prominent on his features but his eyes softened as he looked back down at me.

"Ria?" A voice called out and I looked to my side where Rowan was speed walked toward me.

"Are you ok?" He asked, looking up at Greyson for a moment.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, suddenly realising the denial in my answer.

"First off, someone was just killed, secondly, Hunter heard what happened from the news and told me to find you." He replied, pausing for a moment and squinting his eyes," Who's this?"

A smirk made it's way onto his lips and I nudged him slightly.

"Older than you and we're at a crime scene." I muttered causing the both of them to laugh.

I shook my head in amusement and then looked back up at Greyson.

"You and your family can go, but if you need anything," he motioned back to Reuben who was still giving me a death glare," you can call me." He finished, handing me a piece of paper.

As soon as I saw the number if it was swiftly pulled from my hand and Rowan frantically typed into his phone before passing it back to me, sending me a grin and leaving with a last wink at Greyson.

"He's weird." I mumbled and someone cleared their throat from behind me.

"We need to go." Wyatt said with a sympathetic smile and glanced back to the others who were huddled at the door now.

I nodded and left Greyson with a reassuring smile. I knew he was angry from how my brother had looked at me but it was fine. He wouldn't hurt me...I'm sure of it?

As the cold winds swept my hair behind my shoulder I looked at the still black sky where stars adorned it in certain places.

Alexander and Joziah walked in front of us, seeming to be having an argument but I couldn't quite hear.

The driver opened the door for us and we all climbed in one by one. Not a word was spoken but I was surprised when Damon sat next to me and flipped Reuben off.

As I thought about the events that had occurred my wind wandered and I stared mindlessly into space. Only it wasn't at a random spot in the car, I soon noticed that when Joziah turned his head to look at me and we locked eyes.

For a brief moment I forgot what was happening around me, focusing on the golden brown orbs. But that moment was cut short when he turned his head so fast I was afraid he might've gotten whiplash.

For the next few minutes I over thought it and came to the conclusion he thought I was a creep for staring into the back of his head so intently he felt my eyes on him.

I looked down at the floor for the rest of the journey home until we travelled up the familiar bumpy road.

Soon after the door was opened again and I stepped out closely followed by Damon.

All in all I thought it had been a terrible night and Alexi only confirmed it more as he spoke words which made confusion bubble inside of me.

"We're having a chat, let's hope you only said what the rest of us did."
_______________________________________

I'm so sorry for the long wait guys. The past few weeks I've been really busy with school and I just haven't had the motivation to write anything. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update more regularly!