twenty four

Wyatt watched as I aggressively threw each outfit I didn't like onto the bed beside him

Wyatt watched as I aggressively threw each outfit I didn't like onto the bed beside him. I had been back for about an hour, and Blaze had told Alexi he would be here in half an hour.

"Touchy touchy, why are you even putting so much effort into this hermana, do you want to look good for the don." Wyatt wiggles his eyebrows with an amused tone.

"Shush, I despise smug fucker but I have to look good for myself-" I say, stopping my movements when I see the navy blue dress I bought with Reuben when I arrived.

"This." I grin, taking it off it's hanger only for Wyatt to take it from me and place it over me.

"Comes just above knee, thin straps but can easily be replaced with a nice jacket. You're good." He hands the dress back to me and I roll my eyes, taking it into the bathroom with me.

I pair the dress with some pumps and walk out. The triplets were going to the dance with...eachother but that was not to be discussed as they told me.

After spraying some perfume and running the straightener through my hair, the doorbell rang as if on cue. Wyatt followed me down until we came face to face with smug fucker.

Wyatt immediately left us alone and I had to admit, smug fucker did look good in a suit. Effortlessly good in fact, and that pissed me off even further.

"You look infuriated, cute."

"You look like a chicken, we can't all be perfect now can we?"

He sent me an amused glance as we made our way to the kitchen where my brothers were along with Joziah and his date. Yes, date.

"Are you both going now?" Alexi asked, still not speaking at his full volume and keeping his head lowered.

"Yup." I answered and Blaze nodded toward them before starting to walk away.

"Hold up smug fucker." I said when I made it to his side and we were outside.

He stepped in front of me with an annoyed expression.

"Nice nickname amare, now why do you choose not to be like everyone else?" He asked, genuinely interested.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"You've saw your brothers. They lower their head when I walk into a room, they don't raise their voice, they lower it. Why aren't you the same?" He clarified and I shrugged my shoulders.

I guess true fear had been installed within me by my father. He was the one that tormented me all my life, not Blaze. I wasn't going to tell him that though.

"I don't know, are we going?" I asked. He studied me for a minute before walking around to his car.

Before I had the chance to open my door he opened it for me.

"If you want me to be like the rest, why don't you treat me like the rest?" I asked.

He thought for a moment before replying,"I guess there's some part of me that doesn't actually want you to be." With that he gestures me to step into the car and I do.

He shuts the door then walks around to his side, stepping in aswell. I see my brothers peering out the window for a minute before their heads shoot back behind the curtains.

The ride back to the school was silent, apart from when I attempted to turn some music on. Blaze slapped my hand away, scolding me for forgetting it was his car and he chose if music went on or not.

So, by the time we made it to school silence was drilled into me. Blaze once again opened the door for me to step out and I thanked him.

"Victoria." I heard my name being called and turned around to see Grace. The moment she saw Blaze beside me, she lowered her gaze.

"You're here, and you brought someone." She smiles.

"Yeah...where's Kai?" I ask.

"He's already inside, I'll see you there." She smiles at me one last time before disappearing into the building.

"You don't have good choice in friends-" Blaze begins abruptly only to be cut off.

"Excuse you, I believe myself to be a very good friend." Rowan's voice comes and I immediately grin, even though he just killed himself by cutting Blaze off.

"I-"

"Greyson."

My time to be shocked was here as he appeared by Rowan's side.

"Blaze King. Long time no see."

"How unfortunate that time couldn't be longer." Blaze rolls his eyes.

They send disapproving looks toward eachother before Blaze leads me inside. The entire gym was decorated, a table of refreshments in the centre. It was nice, people were having fun.

"How do you know Greyson?" I questioned as we stood by the sacred table.

"Doesn't matter." He snaps back almost immediately.

"Touchy touchy." I place a brownie into my mouth.

He rolls his eyes in amusement before receiving a call.

"I have to take this, don't wander off." He orders.

I nod my head, taking a drink with me to sit at a random table. I catch sight of Joziah and look for his date. The girl was now dancing with a completely different boy.

I sit there silently before Blaze comes back five minutes later and extends his hand out toward me.

"Wanna dance?" He asks casually.

What was the point in being at a dance and not dancing? There was no point so I nodded once again and placed my hand in his.

He pulled me onto the dance floor as Love me again began playing through the speakers.

I left your heart torn, is that what devil's do?

Blaze twirled me around before pulling me back to his into his chest.

I shook the angel in you.

We both danced to the beat and I let the tension in my muscles relax, smiling a genuine smile.

I need to know now, know now, can you love me again?

Blaze chuckled as I almost lost my footing but steadied me and continued to guide me in time with the music. Our bodies moved effortlessly in the blue lighting.

Can you love me again?

For the first time in a while, I really was having fun. I enjoyed this feeling, not having a care in the world who was watching but just letting go and enjoying my time with the person in front of me.

It's unforgivable, I stole and burnt your soul, is that what demons do?

Blaze moved with purposeful clarity, he moved with grace. The glowing light in the background almost made him look like an angel, only I knew he was anything but.

They rule the worst of me, destroy everything, they bring down angels like you.

This time, when I looked into his eyes, it wasn't just an emotionless gaze. There was something different. My heartbeat grew steadily as the beat sped up. Every movement though, seemed perfect.

I need to know now, know now, can you love me again?

He brushed a few rebellious strands of hair away from my eyes as the song began to come to an end. His mouth twitched and I was pretty sure he was fighting a smile.

Can you love me again?
_______________________________________