four

After the brief encounter with what I determined to be anxiety, I caught up to Reuben and we made our way to the check out after collecting some more clothes I deemed worthy of my awesomeness

Anyway.

I trailed behind him as the lady half scanned the clothing and half gave my brother the 'eye'.

"$800." She shrugged, chewing gum.

I gasped, genuinely not expecting it to be so much. I went to object but he silenced me with a glare and I remembered what he had said before.

'Our money is yours now'

I sighed as gum lady passed him the bags and pulled 2 from his grasp, if I couldn't pay then I would help he carry my new clothes.

We walked around a few more stores for school supplies before he suggested buying something to eat.

I nodded rapidly and he gave me a questioning look.

"Food is life, angry brother." I grinned, hoping it didn't somehow make him mad.

He rolled his eyes, seemingly amused and I followed him outside the mall to the car where he placed all the bags inside.

We drove in silence until he pulled up to the McDonald's drive through.

I beamed excitedly and silently praised his good taste.

"What do you want?" He questioned, looking at me.

"Chicken nuggets." I smiled.

"That's it?" He asked, the concern from before returned for a swift moment before it vanished.

"Yeah, I, uh, I." I stumbled over the right words to say.

I didn't plan on telling him I couldn't eat much because I was used to being starved.

"I'm not really hungry, I'll probably have a big dinner later." I lied, feigning a reassuring smile.

He nodded hesitantly and gave the man through the speaker our order.

After paying and collecting the food he parked and we ate, again, in silence. I was beginning to form a duo in my head.

'Reuben, the angry/silent brother. Victoria the amazing/ awesome little sister.'

I laughed at my stupid ness to which he raised an eyebrow, probably thinking I had lost it at 14 years old.

We eventually arrived back....home, and I helped carry the bags inside.

"Oooooo did you get any icecream."

I turned my head to the right, and, just like I expected, Wyatt was already walking over with a spoon in his hand.

"Why do you have a spoon?" I questioned, looking at it.

"I expected you to bring me icecream back." He whined, clearly realising we hadn't bought any.

"I need to talk to Alexi, Wyatt help Victoria carry her new clothes and supplies upstairs to her room. Get Damon and Callan if needed." Reuben said, already walking to the direction of the basement I wasn't aloud to venture.

"CALLAN, DAMON." Wyatt yelled, earning a sigh from me at the idea of seeing Damon after what happened at the dinner.

Callan came down first, smiling at me and picking up 2 bags.

I didn't know why we needed 4 people but...I still didn't know.

Another pair of footsteps rushed down and knowing who it was I scooted over to pick another bag up and rushed past him as he walked toward us.

Angry glare? Check.

I made it to my room and saw Callan placing the bags he carried on the bed.

"Thanks." I smiled.

He nodded and I was greeted with Wyatt placing a bag on the bed, along with a huff of annoyance from behind me.

"Thanks for helping, I-." I began to say but I was cut off as Damon dropped his 2 bags on the bed.

"Didn't really need the help though." He finished and I nodded hesitantly.

He just stared at me for a minute, which I found confusing and then left.

"Sometimes I think he just freezes." Wyatt mumbled, probably trying to lighten the mood.

I sighed and smiled weakly, walking over to the bags and taking my new clothes out first.

"Well, we'll leave you to it." Callan grinned, happy that he didn't have to unpack all this, most likely.

"What the hell is that." Wyatt muttered, looking behind me.

Callan and I gave him the same confused look and I turned around, looking down and at what was laying next to my bed.

I froze, internally cursing my life and, at the same time, wishing for the ground to swallow me up.

Regaining my composure after a few seconds I basically went to lunge to the floor, but, Wyatt had already picked the bottle up.

He spun back to face me. His playful smirk once there was now a stone cold expression.

"What the fuck is this?"

Well this progressed quickly.

_______________________________________

Chapters will get longer...

I hope.