fifteen

I look up at Creed with a questioning expression

I look up at Creed with a questioning expression. What could Alexi have said to shake him up so bad. I didn't question as he hung up and pulled me along faster by my wrist.

He had a firm grip but not enough to hurt me. However, I did expect him to blame me for wanting to go out. Especially without their permission. Sure I wouldn't have listened anyway and I didn't need it but I don't think any of my brothers would care whether I need their permission or not.

But no, he didn't. Creed kept his head down and looked up once in a while to check his surroundings. He walked alot faster than my slow ass so I attempted to pick up my pace. If he was the quiet one, I didn't want to see how angry he could get.

Around ten minutes later, we arrived back at the secluded mansion I was close to calling my home. Before we even got to the door, it opened revealing a frantic Callan. He practically pulled us inside the house and walked with us to the living room.

All my brothers huddled around a man who looked to be in his thirties and a boy around my age stood to the side without a care in the world.

He briefly looked up and his grey orbs connected with mine. He had an emotionless expression which I thought only I and Alexi had mastered. I was torn from his eyes as Alexi spoke up. He looked calm but I noticed a brief look of annoyance cross over.

"Vicoria," he paused, motioning to man with raven black hair which reflected, I suppose, his sons but green eyes instead of dark grey,"this is Alexander Ivanov and his son Joziah Ivanov." Alexi finished with a lopsided smile.

What did they want me to do, bow?

I nodded with a kind as can be smile. Alexander frowned, facial features hardening but only a faint smirk appeared on Joziah's face as he stared outside.

Mixed feelings I guess.

"Alexander is our business partner, one of the few you will be able to meet. I should've told you this earlier but we're attending an...event. Please could you go get ready?" Alexi asked with a stern tone.

I looked at Damon who seemed filled with rage. Much more than normal which is saying something. But this time, it wasn't aimed at me, instead, Alexi. Wyatt took it upon himself to wrap an arm out of my shoulder and walk me to the room. Only then did I notice each and every one of my brothers was dressed in a black suit.

"What's going on Wyatt?" I asked as he stopped at my bedroom door and turned to walk away.

"It's a business event, a big one. I can't tell you what about but his son will be starting your school tomorrow," he turned back and placed a hand on my shoulder before pulling me into a hug," I love you Victoria." He finished.

I looked up at him as I pulled myself away and nodded, engrossed in my thoughts.

"I love you too Wyatt."

A proud smile appeared on his face as he made his way down the hall, doing a victory dance as he stopped at the stairs. I shook my head with a laugh and proceeded to have a shower and dress. They wore a suit. I didn't have anything remotely formal so I did my best.

Eventually, after drying my hair and straightening it, I decided on black, ripped jeans and a white pullover to match their suit colours. I didn't care about their headteacher shoes though and chose my signature converse.

I made my way downstairs and walked back into the room where all but Joziah were talking. Well, Wyatt was talking to himself but still.

Their heads turned my way and both Reuben's and Alexi's faces went red with anger. Damon looked pleased with my choice and the rest of my brothers were indifferent. Alexander sighed and left the room with disappointment etched on his face.

They never told me we were going to 'big business event' so how would I know buy any other clothes. I followed next to Wyatt out to the car as Joziah got in next to his father.

"Could you not have chosen anything more formal?" Reuben snapped after five minutes of us driving along the dark roads.

"You didn't even fucking tell me idiot." I shot back with a glare.

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me, and what have we told you about swearing." He exasperated, crossing his arms angrily.

"Oh, so now you're being a fucking hypocrite-" I was cut off by the harsh tone of Alexi.

"Both of you, please, for the love of our entire business shut up."

Me and Reuben shut up, glaring at eachother from opposite sides of the car, quite ready to strangle one another.

A silent half hour passed befor we made it to our destination. I stepped out, stretching my arms and legs and I looked up at the skyscraper in front of me. So this is what the main part of New York looks like.

I followed behind my brothers as guards opened the doors for all of us to enter. We entered another room on the top floor which was filled with people looking very expensive. Alexander and Joziah were already there. Joziah standing in a corner scrolling through his phone in black jeans, a black t shirt and leather jacket.

My brothers dispersed at once, Reuben glaring one last time at me and Wyatt telling my to be careful. In being careful, I went to the food stand and ate a few brownies.

The place was swarming with businessmen and their wives, faint music playing in the background and a view of the city lights all around. The walls were made of clear glass with not a fingerprint in sight.

I ate by myself for twenty minutes of the event before a deep voice interrupted me.

"You didn't save at least one brownie for me?" He asked with a pout.

I turned to look at him. I expected tonight to go smoothly, without anything going wrong. If only I knew it wouldn't end well for any of us.
_______________________________________

Hello peoples. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Jᴏᴢɪᴀʜ Iᴠᴀɴᴏᴠ