thirty one

Blood

Blood.

The warm, crimson liquid surrounded me, soaking into the plain white shirt I was given. I coughed more of it up, wincing as a fractured rib scraped painfully against my lung.

I sucked in a shallow breath, my eyes squeezing shut in attempt to stop the pain and traitorous tears falling.

My head lowered from the lack of nutrition and I let out a sigh. I didn't know how long I'd been gone but the tiny window in the corner of the room allowed me to see the sun rise and set so I guessed it had been two days at most.

The door opened, followed by the dreadful squeaking sound it made and I cringed, gathering enough strength to lift my head. Conan entered with an amused smile but I only glared at him.

"Ready to speak now?" He asked, crouching down in front of me.

I thought for a moment before nodding sadly. He smiled again, leaning closer for me to tell him what he wanted to hear.

"You, are a sadistic asshole and I swear when I get out of here I will fucking kill you." I whispered harshly, pulling against the ropes but to my dismay, I just ended up making my wrists sting painfully.

A silence followed after before the same sting on my cheek made my head whip to the the side. He stood to his feet, returning the glare I had given him every single time he asked.

His leg arched, ready for another kick to my abdomen but luckily, Hunter entered the room and pulled Conan back. They conversed in the corner of the room while I just stared at my feet, finding nothing in me to continue the fight.

They walked back over and Conan gripped my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

"Looks like your brothers care more about you than we thought," he sneered,"they've got the four fucking families on our front doorstep." He let go of my chin, walking away for a moment.

"But you're useless, so it's better if you're dead when they find you." My heartbeat accelerated momentarily and I thought about fighting to survive or giving up. My brothers had come for me.

I forced myself to look up through blurry eyes, only to see the sharp edge of a knife coming towards me. Not seconds later a scream ripped through the air. I realised it was me.

Conan had dug the knife into my stomach and all I could think about was pain. Tears streamed freely out of my eyes as the bindings were cut. My hands immediately went to my wound as Hunter pulled the knife out again, casting me one last glance before leaving with Conan.

I tried putting pressure on the wound in attempt but the blood just seemed never ending. A sob rippled through my body as I thought about never seeing my brothers or Blaze again.

But with that last cry for help, for anyone to hear me, my vision became blurry and my eyes drooped. I felt numb.

It was almost like euphoria to feel no pain, just like floating in a cold abyss.