six

Well

Well.

This could've gone better.

Damon's eyes were filled with anger and concern. The rest of my brothers started at me in shock and confusion, apart from Alexi, he was, as always, emotionless.

"Uhm." I started, not looking any of them in the eyes.

"What in the hell was that?"

I recognised the voice to be Reuben's but I still didn't look up, finding my lap was the most entertaining thing I'd seen in my existence.

"Look..." I began, frantically searching for a reasonable excuse in my mind but I was cut off by a phone ringing.

"What is it?" Alexi asked into the phone, but the rest of my brothers kept there eyes fixed on me, as if trying to find out what happened by looking at me.

"You've got to be kidding me." He answered the voice I couldn't hear clearly, suddenly the calm exterior finally left. Emotionless ice blue eyes now shining with anger.

This is a first.

"They know about her." He stated simply, sliding his phone back into his pocket and the rest turned to look at him with wide eyes.

Silence filled the room before Damon finally spoke, I had seen him angry before, but hell. He looked as if he could kill someone.

Then, the entire room erupted into arguments and I flinched at the booming voices. I kept telling myself though that it was clearly not the time.

I couldn't understand what the hell they were saying, considering their voices were merged by talking all at once and just being irrationally loud.

Their eyes flickered to me every few seconds as the arguement continued between the six of them.

Whatever it was, it was clearly important so I took this as an opportunity to collect my pillow and attempt to walk past them.

It failed though as once I stood from the bed, a searing pain spread through my ribs and my knees buckled beneath me.

I clasped onto my ribs, hoping that the movies I'd seen were correct and if I put pressure on my...wound, it would hurt less.

It was working alright until Damon seemed to notice my movement and stopped me dead in my tracks.

Can one not sleep on the couch?

I prayed that they had the memory of a fish and the events had dissipated into oblivion.

He was just about to say something when everyone else quieted down.

But, what scared the living daylights out of me was when a boy a few years older than me, ran into the room, rugged breaths as he attempted to communicate through heaves.

I internally sighed and trudged over to sit back down.

With unexpected events, shortly followed by unexpected guests, this could be an awfully long night.