Part 12

-3rd person-

      Ever since Midoriya accepted Nezu's offer, they have been sharing emails back and forth to each other. Midoriya told him that he was going to stay home and not move into the dorms until he finished 'his training'. Nezu probably knew that it was for something else because the vigilante wasn't in that much of a need to practice for the exam, and Midoriya was glad he didn't say anything. Midoriya actually wanted to finish Shinso's training before the exam, they had only trained physically beforehand and not mentally so he figured he should squeeze it in if he can. Against real villains and other people, Shinso would need to get crafty if he was going to use his quirk. He would need to have them let their guard down and talk back to him if he was going to be able to use his quirk. He would also have to get stronger mentally, people would use any method just to tear you down and have you act to their own gain. In real life, people fight dirty, they take every chance they get, no matter the cost and Shinso had yet to see that in other people. So he figured that it was finally time to let shinso come with him on his patrol, not yet fighting of course, just watching. So he could see what a true fight was like, and assess how the fight was, picking up good and bad things to do in a fight. It would also help him work on him hiding his presence, Midoriya didn't want him to be like himself on his last meeting with snake lady. She knew he was there since he didn't do a good enough job hiding himself.

       "Alright, you ready?" Izuku asks before him and shinso head out into the night.

       "Yes!" Shinso said happily. He was finally getting to see Midoriya fight against another person up close. Midoriya had also given him some clothes that he could use on their patrol. He had given him a black hoodie, black mask, and black sweatpants, he also equipped him with his own set of escrima rods just in case if anything were to happen. He felt like he was finally able to conquer anything, he felt badass. 'This feels amazing, I wonder if Izu feels like this when he's in his vigilante costume!' Shinso thought excitedly. Midoriya seeing the others excitement sighed and gave him a more serious look.

       "Remember what it is that we are really doing, we are going to see the worst side of people tonight. We may see something smaller, such as a person getting robbed or we could see something more serious as a dead body. I can get why you are excited but remember to prepare yourself, what you are going to see isn't pretty. So don't let your guard down and be on alert at all times, you are only allowed to observe okay? Remember what we've worked on and put it into action, conceal your presence and try to soak up everything you see. You are not to engage in the fighting under any circumstance, understand?" Shinso then nodded guilty. Izuku was right, this wasn't a game, they were going to put themselves in danger and were doing it to save people. He could see how more mature Izuku was than him in that moment, he always treated it like he was in the worse situation and would never let his guard down. Always analyzing the situation in front of him and taking every advantage that was given to him, to increase his chances to beat whatever challenge was in front of him. Midoriya glad that shinso understood how serious this actually was, pulled his mask and hood over his face and headed out the door. Shinso then quickly followed suit and ran out the door trying to catch up to him.

—————

       After hearing screaming far in the distance, Midoriya stopped on the building he was on and turned to Shinso. As Shinso was about to ask him what was wrong, Izuku lifted up a finger to his mouth, telling my to keep quiet. He then signed to him to follow him but to stay a distance away. There was someone in trouble and they were going to go to the scene, Midoriya wanted to make sure that Shinso wasn't seen and so that he was a safe distance away. Shinso then nodded, understanding that he needed to be quiet and unseen. Midoriya was glad that he had taught Shinso sign language, first it was good to know if there saw someone that was deaf or mute and second, it was good so it wouldn't alert anyone nearby. Midoriya then started making his way towards the scream with shinso following behind. Once they had gotten to the scene, Midoriya peered down from the building's edge and looked down into the dark alley. It looks like they had stumbled upon a woman getting robbed, backed up to the wall with a man standing several feet away. As he was assessing the scene he had noticed something weird, the man was just standing several feet away from her, not seeming to be harming her in anyway, and the woman screaming at thin air. It was almost like she was seeing a ghost, screaming and crying as if her worse dreams were right in front of her. He then saw her bring her arms in front of her face protectively and turned her face away in terror. Then large gashes had shown up on her arms, tearing through her clothes and deep into her skin, blood steadily flowing out like mini streams. She then collapsed to the ground and the man started to laugh, making her way towards her.