Chapter 2

Callums POV:
I begin to setup the movie in the living room, waiting for Mich to join me. I prepared a small cake (enough for us to eat), it has pastel colours all over it, and chocolate sprinkles as well.

Grabbing a rose from the bouquet I'm planning on presenting her, I lower it in her favourite vas. She's taking a while in the bathroom, so I text her.

---Callum and Mich's text conversation---
Cal: Hey babe, you alright?
Mich: Yeah.
Cal: Somethings up, tell me.
Mich: Give me one second, I'll come out.
Cal: Okay! :)

Michs POV:
I haven't seen Cal in so long, it's kind of awkard. I don't know what to say anymore, and I have the jittery butterflies in my stomach from when we first met. It shouldn't make me this nervous to seem him again... but something feels wrong.

Callums POV:
I'm a little worried that I hurt Michs feelings, or that I scared her off. Did I do something wrong? Or am I just overreacting? I need to breathe. I inhale deeply, and let my muscles relax, releasing the stress. I decide to instead go and sit on the couch with her birthday present. Beginning to fidget with the movie settings, I see Mich appear from the corner of my eye. The memories come back of when we first met and how pretty she looked, and how beautiful she looks now. I awkwardly smile, not knowing what else to do, and breathe again. Her dark eyes twinkle and complement her hazelnut hair, her skin reflects a soft shade of brown. As she walks toward me, her hair swings around, eventually staying on her back.

"Hey gorgeous!!" I stand up, escorting her to the comfy sofa. "Just for you." I give her the pink rose boquet.
"Aww Cal baby! These are my favourites! You know me so well." As I sit down next to her, she plants a kiss on my cheek, as I turn a shade similar to the flowers I just gave her.
"You know I couldn't forget!" I smile at her. "You look so gorgeous tonight." With that, I hold her head in my hands and kiss her as she wraps her arms around me. Then, she breaks the kiss.
"No, you." She whispers to me. "Now lets watch this movie!" As she wraps herself in my arms, and rests her head on my lap, we begin the movie.

---2 hours later---

The movie is over and Mich is finally awake.
"Cal. I need to talk to you." She sits upright, and places her hand on my knee. "Ya know how I was acting kind of strange?" I nod at her, a worried expression covers my face.
"I- I- was nervous... nervous that after this long apart you wouldn't want me anymore. That you had moved on... found someone better." I stare at her, shocked.
"Mich! Why would I ever do that to you, you really think I would hurt you! I could never, you are amazing! You are also certainly way better than me." I hug her oncemore.
"M-mich, I love-," I suddenly hesitate, there's something wrong. Am I about to make a big mistake? "...This cake I made for you!" All of a sudden she just stops.
"Are you kidding me! You were about to tell me you love me. But you can't." She looks at my forehead, examining it, like she's trying to read my mind.
"It-it's not like that! I swear, babe." She's unimpressed. "There's someone else... and I bet I know who."
"There's no one baby! Please, come back." The last thing I remember was her running out of the door, and slamming it shut. I knew this was a mistake.
I want to chase after her, but something deep down is preventing me. Telling me it's not worth it. I need to figure out what to do... I need someone to help me.

Scotts POV:
Hearing a knock at my door, I manage to tiredly get to my feet. I wonder who's knocking at 10pm. Probably my Amazon Prime package that hasn't arrived yet, the cute mailman drops off all the post on Saturdays.
I rush over to the door, and when I swing it open I'm surprised.
"Hey scott, we need to talk... can I come in?"
"Callum! You're not my mailman, but you are cute."