Chapter 12

Scotts POV:

It finally happened. We kissed. This has been all my hopes and dreams for years. If only he knew then. We break the kiss suddenly as I ask him if he will be my boyfriend, and to my utter surprise he accepts.

Callums POV:

"Where do we go from here?" I stand, whilst he holds me in his arms.
"To my bed?..." He smirks noticeably.
"Hey!" I hit him playfully on the arm. "You've had your fun for the day." He frowns.
"What! I was serious!" He giggles and smothers his face in my neck.
"We've made out... that's enough for today." I smile, rubbing my hands through his teal hair.
"So I can't kiss you again?" He lifts his head up and looks into my eyes deeply.
"Of course you can... but nothing more... yet." I say awkwardly. "I'm just new at this "being gay" stuff."
"Of course... I'll be here when you're ready." He accepts.
"Babe... I never thought it would be us. A thin, straight, English guy with a heavily Scottish, adorable, gay guy." He laughs. "Well, I wanted it to be us."
"You know I'll always want you baby." He replies. "Why didn't you tell me though?"
"Because I'm your straight best friend, and I surely thought you'd gotten over the fact that I was straight...after that night." Suddenly he looks miserable.
"Hey Cal... please don't bring that up again, you promised. It was a mistake... I didn't mean for anything to happen." I shyly look up into his eyes.
"Yeah well... stuff did happen, and we can't do anything about that now."
"I know-" We're interrupted by Scott's phone ringing and him picking it up, without an apology to me. He walks over to the door and unlocks it, going and sitting on his couch.
"Hey Shelbs!"

Scotts POV:

A perky voice answers. "Scott! Bubs! I've missed you!" Shelbys voice echoes through the line, she sounds tired and drousy, but happy.
"Hey Shelbs! I've missed you too, so much!"
"I have some news..." I start to worry as my mind traces back to the cancer test. "I don't have cancer!" I go silent.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THATS AMAZING!!!! OH MY GOD SHELBY IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" She giggles. Callum mouths to me 'what happened'. Since Shelby can't know that he's hear, I whisper away from the phone.
"Shelby doesn't have cancer." I whisper. Then suddenly he yells.
"OMG THATS SO GOOD!!!" He covers his mouth, and I whisper again.
"Are you kidding me! Be quiet."
"Is that Callum?!" Shelby squeaks, excitedly.
"Ummm... no... maybe, yes." I hesitate.
"You guys aren't drunkily hooking up again are you?" I go silent. Callum doesn't know I told her. I press mute only to be bombarded by angry words from Callum.
"SERIOUSLY SCOTT?! THE ONE THING I WANTED TO STAY PRIVATE... OUR ACCIDENTAL DRUNKEN HOOKUP LAST YEAR, AND YOU TELL SHELBY?!" He continues. "We agreed not to tell anyone. Who else did you tell?! Lizzie? Joel? Joey? Lauren? Yammy? EVERYONE?!"
"Look I'm sorry Cal but I didn't know what to do after that... I needed someone to talk to, and Shelby wouldn't tell a soul.
"Whatever. I need to leave." With that, he storms out of the house.