Chapter 4

Scotts POV:

Iwake up freshly in the morning, observing that I have slept in my clothes fromthe night before. I also notice that I'm not underneath the covers... and Callum'sgone. I finally thought this would be my chance to connect with him on a deeperlevel, maybe we could have talked about... us. But, I'm being stupid. There is no..."us"... Callum is happily dating Mich. I thought that last night may have been mytime to ask him, but he decided to go back to her. Like he always does. Lastsummer, the same thing happened... he could have chosen me... but he didn't realisehe had that option, so he ran back to Jess. Then when they broke up, I was justannoyed that I didn't use this chance to speak up, and tell him how I feel. He'llnever understand, because now that he's going to patch things up with Mich...they'll be the dream couple again.
I get out of bed, and reach over to my phone, lying on my bedside table.Grabbing my phone to check the notifications, I check my texts... Callum textedme. I read the text to myself, out loud.
"I'm sorry Scott, I couldn't. I have to make things right with Mich." I'mconfused. What did he mean by "I couldn't".

Callums POV:

There's a strange feeling in my gut. The memories of our connection, as we lay together... but it was nothing. Just two friends... chatting. My heart thuds when I think of me letting go of his hand, breaking our bond. Somethings not right. I try to move past those sudden thoughts, as petal from the bouquet I'm holding flutters to the ground. It's lifeless, but then again it was never alive in the first place. The door opens and Mich stand in front of me.
"What do you want?" She stares at me. "To make another excuse?! Another reason not to see me?!"
"Mich... no. I'm not here to create some idiotic excuse that makes no sense, I'm just here to apologise to you."
"For what? I think you've explained yourself. You have so many fans, that just all want you... and you love it."
"I'm sorry. My relationship between me and my viewers isn't like that. I'm not trying to crawl for attention. I want you." I shiver.
"No you don't. Do you?" I'm confused. "I've been spending this whole time trying to figure out what I did wrong. Not thinking about the fact that it was you. I feel like I've been trying to prove something very wrong to you, and I'm sorry..." She pauses, before continuing.
"I couldn't have seen this whole time... it wasn't you I needed to worry about. You had everything sorted out. You focused on me, put me first, but you never loved me first."
"Are you saying I was cheating on you?! I would never." She sighs.
"Cal," she caresses my face. "I'm just not right for you. I know you would never cheat, but I also know that there is someone else in your heart."
"Wait. No. What are you saying?" I weep.
"You know you don't want me. I'll miss you. But we'll keep in touch. I know who you want, but I don't think you have figured it out yet. Deep down... you know." She embraces me, with a tight squeeze.

She kisses me finally before I speak.
"I feel bad Mich... I thought I loved you. B-but something was holding me back. I-I thought you were the one. But I guess not..." We say our final goodbyes, and I leave. For some reason I don't feel too sad.

Scotts POV:
Its 11am now and I check my phone once more, sadly. Then I see Callum typing. A smile forms on my face, as I wonder what he wants. -1 new notification-
Again I read the message aloud: "Meet you at the Pride Parade tomorrow :)". Happiness rushes through my body, as I now know... I have a chance.