Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Sharing Secrets

Callums POV:

Message sent. I feel bad, I feel terrible. I can't let myself expose my feelings and true identity. -1 new message from 'Scott-lad'-
"Are you kidding me?! After all this and you won't even be here to support me!!! I can't with you! One second you love Mich and the next, you just come running back to me. Make up your mind. I'm leaving the parade so don't bother trying to find me!!!" Yeah now I feel like the worst person on earth. But Scott doesn't know what happened with Mich and I. He doesn't know about my secrets. I have to find him and explain everything to him... even if it risks everything.

Scotts POV:

I can't believe he would be that much of an idiot!! I'm so mad. I'm going to get coffee, that'll calm me down.

-20 minutes later-

Ding ding! The little bell in Starbucks goes off, alarming the waitress that I'm here.
"Hi, can I just get one extra-large Frappuccino, and double whipped cream on top, with 4 espresso shots. Thanks." Before I go to pay I feel someone brush up against me.
"Make that two! On me." An extremely cute guy turns and smiles at me. I get nervous, and let him pay. He then proceeds to throw an apron to one of the employees.
"You work here?" I ask him, blushing.
"Work, love, breathe. All of the above. Always loved coffee." I stare at him in awe.
"Well, I'm Scott." He then introduces himself as Joseph.
"So... Scott. What's a cutie like you doing around here?" I blush more intensely and giggle lightly.
"Cutie?! No no. I'm not that good looking." I sigh.
"Of course you are! Could I get your number? Maybe we could go out sometime...?" He nervously fiddles with his watch.
"Oh um." I think of Callum.
"I'm so sorry! I just assumed you were interested in guys..." He sadly sighs.
"Oh yeah. I am! Of course, here's my number." He smiles.
"You look sad... what's wrong?" He pouts.
"Oh! It's... um... nothing." I shrug.
"C'mon! I know we've just met, but you can tell me." He puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.
"It's nothing... it's just," I sit down and a tear rolls down my cheek, he sits down next to me, "A guy I've had feelings for, for who knows how long... can't make up his mind if he's going to choose me or his girlfriend. But he won't admit he likes me, so he's just my... so called "Best friend"."
"Woah. That's intense... why don't you just forget about him for the day. Think things through. You don't deserve to be played by him like this." He puts his arm around me.
"I know we didn't meet too long ago, but thank you for being here for me." I smile at him, and wipe tears on my sleeve.
"It's my break... so do you want to maybe go somewhere... my treat."
"I'd love to actually."
"Let's go to the Pride Parade, since I'm guessing you were going anyway." He chuckles, whilst looking me up and down.
"Well yeah. He showed me up." He looks shocked, and I giggle.
"We are 100% going!!! Let's go!!!" He grabs my hand and we run out of the shop, to my car.

-20 minutes later-

I smile at him, his tall figure. His wavy brown locks curl down on his face, whilst his eyes twinkle. All of a sudden, I decide to hug him... I can't help it. I just embrace him. He grins at me, he's happy. We decide to go grab ice-cream and we sit together on the rainbow park bench, just taking in our surroundings. We stand up to go and wander over to the flower field. He looks deeply into my eyes, and stares at me with such concentration. Suddenly, he leans in... and before I know it, his hands are on my face and I've wrapped my arms around him. He softly kisses me, and when we pull away, we just look into each others eyes. He then runs his fingers through my hair, and caresses my cheek, while not looking away from me. Nothing could ruin this moment... but when we turn to the entrance... I see Callum standing there, with a boquet of flowers and tears running down his face. Then he drops the flowers, and runs away.