Chapter 8

Callums POV:

Scott looks everywhere on my face, except my eyes. He's distracted, trying to drag the situation out, and avoid the main issue. I have to take this into my own hands.
"You know what. While you were busy being pissed at me, I had my own problems, that I just explained. You don't think losing my girlfriend, questioning my sexuality, and now losing you... is too much for me? You expect that I'm just your little toy, that you can just expect me to do whatever you want! You can't just control me, and then expect me to just bounce back to you again!" Scott continues to dodge my gaze. He takes a deep breath, and closes his eyes whilst positioning his head looking at me. He then exhales and opens his eyes, staring at me.
"Well then, I guess all of those silent nights wondering if you were thinking about me... were just a coincidence." Finally, he walks away... down the street... away from me. Who knows if we'll ever speak again.
People are whispering and muttering to each other, continually pointing at the scenario. I begin to get my phone out as I turn in the opposite direction of Scott and head to the bus stop. I open Instagram first... unfollowing Scott. Then Snapchat... unadding him. Next, YouTube... unsubscribing. Then Twitter, and Discord and TikTok. Finally, I remove him from my contacts and block his number... my eyes now red and puffy. He never realised that his expectations weren't a reality, he never realised how much he hurt me... and I'm not sure he'll ever realise how much damage he really caused.

Scotts POV:

So, just like that... something that could have been... something... just vanished into thin air. I didn't even do anything wrong, I just wanted him to love me back... and I guess that's the mistake I made. Maybe the reason he didn't show up in the first place was my own fault. Did I scare him that much, as to just leave me alone? Did I really expect him to do what I wanted and then just love me? I'm the worst. I reach into my pocket, to find my phone and see I have a text from Joseph, which reads, "Hey! How'd it go? Do I get to third wheel now?" I roll my eyes at his dorkiness, and don't reply. I quickly open Instagram, to see half a dozen messages floating upon my screen. I can't bear it, but I tap on Callums profile... then the words I will never forget, sit in the middle of my screen. "Follow back." These words haunt me.

~Incoming call from 'Lizzie'~

I pitch my voice up as to muffle the sobbing sounds.
"Hey! What's up? Did Meri swallow chocolate again?" She chuckles down the phone line, then suddenly stops, as to create a dramatic effect.
"No. Meri is fine. But you know who isn't fine? You!"
"Excuse me?!" I'm suddenly offended.
"No, no. I mean, you and..." I cut her off quickly with a snap.
"WOAH! Yeah, I know what you mean..." Suddenly, I'm confused. "Wait, how do you know?..."
"He unfollowed you, on every platform."
"You don't need to remind me, and the fact that you know that isn't creepy at all..."
"Don't ask." She replies. "Scott, you know I'm-."
"Yes! I get it, you're here for me! You're a fucking supportive friend. Don't need to remind me twice."
"Well I will." She responds.
"I have to go, just say hi to Edward and Madeline for me."
"Of course, they are always happy to hear from "Uncle Scott". Take care of yourself." She whispers the last part.

Then, I begin to walk down to the park, where Callum and I always hang out... We would have chips and salsa, our Nintendo switches, and two sleeping bags. We would sit and watch the sunset and laugh... as friends. We had distractions from our true feelings. I walk over to the bench and sit down. The next thing I know, I'm fast asleep.

-Hours later-

Michs POV:

It's 10pm, I should probably go and pick up dinner. It's silent because Callums not here, but I know that I did the right thing. They are meant to be together. Whenever we hung out with Scott, he would always put Scotts needs first, and the way he looked at him was adorable. I knew we both lost the spark between us and at first I was angry, but then I knew we felt the same way.
I hop in my car, and drive into town to grab my pizza that I ordered. When, I get out of my car I notice I'm parked next to the park they used to hang out in. As I'm walking past, I notice something else... or rather someone else. Scott... he's alone... asleep on the bench. I decide to swing his around me and hoist him up, even though he's still asleep. He mutters something.

"Callum! No." He's sad. I throw him into my car, and run to pick up the pizza. When I grab the pizza I head back to my car, and drive home with Scott, asleep in the back.

Scotts POV:

I wake up to the smell of... pizza?! I sit up, realising that I'm in a familiar place... then I hear a voice.

"Finally! You're awake!" It's Mich... oh no.

A/N:
Hey guys! Going to start making authors notes like this one! Next chapter in a couple of days! Hope you liked this chapter, please share my story to anyone because I'm trying to get to 200 reads :)

Thanks so much for the support I've gotten from this book so far! I will be writing a Peter Parker x Y/N story soon, and also a Larry Stylinson story, so stay tuned for that!
Love y'all xx