Chapter 13

Callum's POV:

I can't believe Scott would tell Shelby about the mistake we made. My mind is blurry and I can't think... I don't know where I'm going or where I am but I need to get away from Scott. When I finally thought our relationship was going well. We just became official and made out, and then he decides to ruin EVERYTHING by telling me the secret he's kept from me. I can't think straight but all I know is that I called an Uber and went to Mich's house. She'll understand and listen to me. She respects my opinions, and gives me time... she's always been patient.

When I get there I PayPal the driver, not paying much attention to everything. Trying to forget about Scott, I enter the apartment building and find Mich's place. I knock on her door and wait.
Suddenly the door opens, after what feels like a few seconds, but I can't really tell.

"Callum! Oh my...." She looks me up and down with an extremely worried expression growing on her face.
"Mich, I..." She catches me as I end up passing out in her doorway.

Michs POV:

I hear an unexpected knock at my door, so I go and cautiously open it. I see none other than Callum. What's he doing here?

"Callum!" I see cheerily until I see how bad he looks. Not ugly! Just... sleepless, groggy, ill. "Oh my..." I stop as he falls into my arms. He mumbles something, but I couldn't hear. He's way taller than me but he's skinny, so he's not hard to pull into my apartment. I lay his unconscious body on my red, soft, couch. Let's hope he wakes up soon.

3 hours later

Callums POV:

"Mich...?" I look up and see Mich sitting on the couch next to me, and when she sees me wake up she looks shocked.
"Cal!!! Omg you're finally awake! What happened?" I sit up next to her.
"Thing with, um... Scott." She looks worried.
"What about...?" She hesitates, before sitting patiently. "Of course I respect if you don't want to tell me."
"Thanks Mich... lemme tell you." I sit up straight, adjusting my posture. "So last year, when you and I weren't together, I got really drunk at a party with Scott, and that night... we ended up... hooking up." Mich stares at me, more shocked than I've ever seen her.
"Wow, I was NOT expecting that." Her eyes went wide.
"Sorry, I know it's a lot." She stops me.
"No Callum, it's fine, I'm fine. You can tell me anything. I'm just here to help."
"Mich that means so much, thanks." I hug her and she gives me her support. "Well the problem is that me and Scott were going to keep it between us because we couldn't remember most of what happened that night... but I'm only finding out now that Shelby knows, and that just made me sick... that he broke a promise like that and has been lying to me."
"Cal, babe. He was probably just doing the same thing you're doing now. It's a lot to take in, so you both need support. I understand how it would definitely frustrate you... but if you and him want to move forward in your relationship, you are going to have to get past that and just face it together." I hug her once more.
"Thanks actually. You helped a lot. I think everything just got extremely overwhelming and my body just shut-off." She nods.
"I should go and talk to Scott." I rub the back of my neck and she waves to me as I get off the bed.
"Bye Cal, call me if you need anything!" She emphasises and hugs me as I leave.

Scotts POV:

It's been forever, and I didn't want to chase after Callum. That would make everything worse. I just need to let him breathe. Suddenly I hear footsteps and a knock at the door. I rush over in hope to see him and swing the door open... it's him. But, I don't know how to react, do I hug him or let him in or talk or-
He cuts me off by wrapping his arms around me unexpectedly. I do as he does, and embrace him.
"I'm sorry I reacted like that." He mumbles into my shoulder and he sniffs into my shirt.
"No, I shouldn't have told Shelby, it really wasn't your fault you reacted like that." I say back.
"Scott! It's ok, I know how you felt and that you needed support. It was tough for me too. I mean, I did just pass out at my ex-girlfriends house." I feel super confused.
"What??" I ask worried.
"Oh, I didn't feel right so I headed to Mich's. She helped me and just let me rest." I breathe slowly.
"Okay, just talk to me next time instead of storming out, I'm here for you no matter what we go through." I let him go and we smile at each other before heading back inside, after another eventful day. Somethings surely going to happen tomorrow...