Chapter 3

Scotts POV:

"HeyCallum! What do you need." I say as I try to form any kind of energy into mysentences.
"I-it's Mich... we had a fight. Well not necessarily a fight! Just a small...disagreement." I notice he's trying to use his words carefully, as one wrongmove and this whole conversation could take a turn.
"T-this isn't going to be like you and Jess is it...?" Quivering, I tread lightlywith my words.
"Please don't bring that up, my nights been bad enough." I can tell he needsreassurance.
"You wanna come in? I can make you some tea." I smile sweetly at him, hoping tosee a sign of joy.
Instead of answering, he stands there silently, in my doorway. He stares downat his feet, his hands fiddling with his shirt. Although he didn't accept myinvitation, I grab his hand and pull him into my little apartment. I put myhands on his shoulders and push him into a comfy seat. Then, I rush overtowards my tea cabinet, to grab some fancy cups. As I start to make the tea Iglance over at Callum, only to notice he has started to tear up. I finish thetea, and position his next to him, then I rest an assuring hand on his back.
"I really thought she might've been 'the one', man. B-but she was convinced Ihad my heart set on someone else." He shields his emotions from me with hispalms, covering his face. I sip my tea and think.
"She might still be 'the one'... one fight- disagreement doesn't mean that it'sall over!"
I stand up and grab the box of tissues from the counter, passing them to him, andhe looks up at me. Tears are welling up in his eyes, and he gives me a look of despair...grief... complete sadness.
"I was going to tell her I love her." I gulp, subtly.
"What if for tonight, you just forget about it. Deal with the situation in themorning, then you can explain everything to her." I stare longingly into hisdeep eyes, but then laugh to myself. Suddenly, he looks at me questioningly.
"I-I was just thinking about how...uh... I'm... alone! I mean... how I'm single, youhave girls chasing after you and I just have no one." I look down at the floor,then I notice that he puts his hand on my knee.
"You'll find someone. You're not on some stupid time limit, you've got plentyof time."
"I'm not going to be an 80 year old tinder date!" He bursts out laughing. "I'mserious! I'm not interested in old, wrinkly..."
"Woah!! Maybe let's stop talking about what aged genitals you're into." Westart bursting into laughter, rolling on the floor.

---30 mins later---

Callums POV:

"Cal! You want to stay the night?" Scott calls out.
"Yeah sure!" My heart skips a beat for some reason. "Well it's almost eleven o'clock, so we should probably get to sleep."
"You want to watch some Netflix?" He yells out again.
"S-sure." Scott wanders over from across the room, and sits down on his bed (beside me).
"Hey, um Callum... I was wondering something." He looks nervous, instead of his normal bubbly self. "I was going to ask if you'd like to... come to the Pride Parade with me this year."
"You don't have to! And I know your..." He pauses. "...Straight, so it isn't really your community, but I just thought you could come to support me." When he pauses, I shake.
"Actually, that sounds super fun." I smile at him. "Of course I'll be there with you."
He jumps to his feet, and grins. I can tell how excited he is, and it's adorable.
We sit down next to each other, and start watching Netflix.
---2 hours later---
I've been laying down on Scott's bed watching the TV with him, and he was laying down too. It seems that he has fallen asleep. Just as I'm about to get up, he murmurs something, faintly.
"Callum..." He softly says (I assume he must be a light sleeper, and has just sensed my movement).
I should probably leave; I don't want to bother Scott anymore. As I'm getting up again, he suddenly reaches over and grabs my hand.
"Don't leave." He whispers. I feel a weird emotion, that don't recognise. I have to go.
"Goodbye Scott, I have to leave." And with that I'm heading back to my place.