Chapter 7

Callums POV:

I work up the courage to go and explain myself to Scott, so I pull on my new Adidas shoes that he bought me from his trip to America. He'll be mad at me, he won't want to talk to me. I'm the worst person... but he needs to understand what's going on in my life. I ponder to where he might be. Then I think where he goes to relax and calm down... Starbucks! So I grab my car keys and jump into my car, and rush to the nearest coffee spot. When I get there, he's nowhere to be seen, so I question an employee.
"Hey, have you seen a guy with teal hair, really cute, about as tall as me?"
"Yeah he just left, he looked like he was dressed for the Pride Parade." They continue to wipe down the benches.
"Shit." I feel like the worst man on earth, for standing him up. "Any idea where he went?"
"The dude he was with said something about going to the Pride Parade. He looked miserable... I feel bad for the guy."
"T-the dude he was with?" I tremble.
"Well yeah, he works here, he met your friend... they would make a cute couple." The employee scans my face. "I'm gonna go..."
I totally and completely deserve this.
I need to prove to him that he's worth it... that I don't just want 'us' to be a one-time thing... it should be a full-time gig. So, I jump in my car once more and head towards the direction of the parade, but I make a quick stop on my way...
The bell dings as I swing the door of the florists shop open. Scott is classic and loves red roses, so I'll get him a bouquet of them. After I purchase the flowers I dash to the parade, worried. What if I'm too late... what if it's all over. I stand in the entrance and pan around, scanning the area until I see... Scott walking with someone. Must be the guy. I'm frozen, and I can't move. Suddenly, the anonymous guy puts his arms around Scott, and they begin to kiss. Tears of pain roll down my hot cheeks. Did I deserve this? It's not my life to live. When he turns towards the entrance he looks shocked, at my presence. He observes the water flowing down my face, the pain in my expression. I drop the flowers and run away. I run down the street, losing any understanding of direction. My legs give in and I have to sit down on the curb, wrapped in a ball, cradling myself. Scott can be with whoever he wants... but it just hurts.

Scotts POV:

"Joseph..." He nods.
"Go. He needs you." He kisses me on the cheek before saying goodbye. "You're a good kisser by the way."
"Call me!" I chuckle as I run after Callum, searching for him high and low. Running down the streets, trying to find him. Why is he mad at me?! I'm the one who should be mad! I cross the street to see him sitting on the curb, rocking back and forth, sobbing.
"Cal." I walk up to him. No response. "Are you mad at me? For living my life?! You won't admit your fucking feelings to me... and that hurts. Words hurt. This Pride Parade was everything to me... and you knew that, but you just don't show up. That's what hurts me Callum... your denial. I know there's something between us... and I know you know that too. You can't just bounce between your actual girlfriend and me!"
"Fine! I was going to tell you that Mich and I broke up!" I'm shocked. I was not expecting this at all. "I was too wound up in my own confusion, to talk to you... to tell you everything."
"That's no excuse to show me up at one of the biggest events in my life." He stands up, still weeping.
"No, it's not. There's no excuse for me being a jerk, but I was really worried about everything. When I saw you with that guy..." He looks down, "I assumed there was no chance for us."
"Well there would be a chance if you had have come after me, or just came originally." I shrug.
"So, this is it?" He pouts. "There's no chance for... us?"