Chapter 8: The Dance

Author's POV

It's been five days since Team RWBY fought with Roman and Neo and the Dance Night is coming soon.

Blake's been focusing on the White Fang activities lately and making her lack of sleep and her studies. That didn't go unnoticed to her Team and Y/n.

Right now, everyone is at Glynda's class with Pyrrha battling a team of transfers.

Glynda: "That's that match. Pyrrha Nikos wins."

Boy1: "Ow.... Now I see why your the worlds 4th defending champion."

Glynda: "You'll do very well in the upcoming Vytal Festival Ms. Nikos."

Pyrrha: "Thank you, Professor."

Glynda: "Remember students to train hard for the Vytal Festival and make sure to give your best. Since we got more time, does anyone wants to participate?"

???: "I will."

They all loo at the guy who raised his hand. He has a gray colored hair, black pants, gray vest with black sleeves.

Glynda: "Mercury Black is it?"

Mercury: "Yes Ma'am."

Glynda: "Who do you want to be your opponent?"

Mercury: "I want to fight her."

He pointed at Pyrrha.

Glynda: "Ms. Nikos just finished her previous fight. Your gonna have to pick some-"

Pyrrha: "It's alright Professor. I can still fight."

Glynda: "Very well."

Mercury jump in the stage and went into his fighting stance and Pyrrha got her Spear and shield ready.

Glynda: "Begin."

Mercury charge at Pyrrha and went into a kick but she just block it with her shield and used her spear to swipe his other leg, making him fall. He back flips to to get some distance and went into his stance again.

This time, Pyrrha's the one who charge at him and Mercury went for more kicking but Pyrrha keeps blocking it with her shield. She then used her shield to shove Mercury away.

Mercury: "Hmm."

He charge at him again and his speed was faster than before and he was able to kick Pyrrha's spear off of her hand.

Mercury: "Heh."

He went into a back kick but Pyrrha used her Semblance to redirect his foot.

Mercury(Mind): "So that's it huh?"

He look at Pyrrha and saw her charging at him with her shield. He jump, used Pyrrha's shield to shove himself to get some distance.

Mercury: "I forfeit."

Pyrrha: "You... Don't even want to try?"

Mercury: "What's the point? Your the world renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart."

Glynda: "In that case. Pyrrha Nikos is the Victor of the match. Again."

Mercury walk back to Emerald and Pyrrha went to the locker room to change.

Glynda: "Remember class, that the Dance is this weekend. And you'll have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses. That is all."