☾ƒινє☽

"It suits you really well.", he hears his sister comment. He stares at his own reflection not being much appeased by the suit that uncomfortably clings on his body.

He picks up the mask from his side table to try it on his face. Surprisingly he liked the way it covered half of his face, giving him a mysterious demeanor.

"Thank you, Jisoo.", he says turning while giving her a smile. Jisoo though just stares at her brother, a distant look in her eyes.

Taehyung knows, he knows what caused his sister to lose herself in a trance. The world of wonder is an abyss, you will never get yourself out if you give yourself in.

"Jisoo?!", he calls, shaking her by the shoulder to get her out before he loses her completely.

"Huh?", she utters, a little startled.

The door is knocked, causing the two siblings to straighten up not wanting another commotion by their father. The door cracks open to reveal their house maid, relieved sighs then is heard in the room.

"Sir, miss Kim Jennie is here."

The younger scrunches his nose at the thought, his date was here.

"I'll get to her in a moment, please settle her down and thank you.", Taehyung requests, moving back to the body mirror to make sure he seemed just right.

•*+*+*+*•

"Hello, I'm Taehyung."

"Hi, I'm Jennie.", the girl replies politely bowing for the other.

The male does the same and crouches his back to give the respect back.

"So you're my date?", he questions, eyeing the female in front, making sure his gaze won't go to wrong places and creep her out.

"Yep, seems like it.", she nods in answer, glancing at the decor of the living room, fascinated by the crystal chandeliers hanging on the ceiling.

"Should we take our leave?", Taehyung asks, his leg extended, ready to move.

"Uh, yes."

They soon climb into the black limousine that stood by the humongous mansion.

An uncomfortable silence envelopes between them, their eyes gazing at the buildings that flash by.

Minutes pass, and still no progress was made of easing the tense atmosphere. Only the sound of breathing was heard in the close space.

"We are here.", a voice in the end exclaims, both the youngsters noticing the halting of the vehicle. They mumble a 'thank you' to the driver before climbing off the limousine.

Taehyung witnessed the female press her palms on the dress to smooth the multiple wrinkles formed by sitting. He directs his gaze to the gate of the party hall to locate pairs walking side by side into the place. He glances back at the shorter female who now had her hand between the junction of his elbow, linking their arms together. He bends his arm to give her more access, and more space to slide her own arm in.

They still do not exchange words, becoming one of the pairs walking into the overly decorated location. Both get their names checked by the security guard stood by the gate, when they were nodded at for approval do they walk in.

Mouths agape, and eyes widened at the ethereal interior. It was one of the most unique and strange sight Taehyung has ever witnessed.

The chandeliers were huge in size, the crystals illuminating the light further to the longer in length area, the tables consisting of fine wine and his favorite part, the masks every each person is hiding their faces in. The reason he finds it beautiful is because the real intents are hidden behind the overly expensive jewels like masks.

"Will we fit in with everyone if we grab ourselves some wine?", Taehyung hears the question whispering itself in his ear, he in response nods unconsciously, not sure what the other female uttered.

Before they could reach their destination to the tables they hear a voice echoing in the spacious hall,

"My dear heirs, the time has come to do the traditional dance for our upcoming owners of companies. Please disperse to the middle of the hall with your dates of the night so we can begin with our ceremony.", the brunette groans as he notices the partners hold each other, positioning on the right spot.

He was thought this dance style since he was seven as this goes around the super high statuses. He sighs for the umpteenth time before his arm wraps around the female's waist with her hand clasping on his other hand. They avoid eye contact not finding it desirable to fall further into the relationship of pure awkwardness.

The melody of music echoes through the whole hall, pairs swaying at the lyrics. Only few seemed to enjoy it, others were very uncomfortable, it was very transparently evident.

Two pairs hold hands in middle for the four to swirl around before Taehyung has another girl in his arms, after two minutes of awkward swaying does it go back to another pair. This time Taehyung's eyes meet the male of the pair, the four spilt again but before he could grab the female he is manhandled by the male of the pair.

The two women get confused but not wanting to break the dance pattern, hold each other to continue dancing. The brunette's eyes widen as he stares at the other who had a smirk adorning his lips. Their heights were the same but he felt more of the submissive one as the other's arm was around his own waist. Their hands interlace, with his free hand resting on the peculiar male's shoulder.

He inhales softly, knowing he can't do anything about it for few minutes.

"What's your name?", a raspy voice whispers to his ear, making him gulp from the breath that fanned on his skin.

"Kim Taehyung.", he whispers in reply, avoiding eye contact like he did with his other partners.

"That's a nice name.", he continues hearing the man talk, finally he stares back at the mysterious male. He eyes the latter, from his raven silky hair, muscular physique, to his pitch black orbs.

His gaze trails over the mask, that covers one side of the face more than the other. The golden design on the black mask contrasting perfectly together.

"Are you the son of Kim Si Yang, who has factories that structure silver weapons?"

Taehyung then opens his mouth to respond but catches the words, asking himself how the other knows so much about him.

"How do you know?", he questions, not daring to break their eye contact.

"I do my research, Kim Taehyung.", when the words are said they get into another four person dance, soon after he is stuck with a new stranger in his arms.

Taehyung's gaze still lingers on the eccentric male.