☾ηιηє☽

He gulps in agitation, lying down by the wolf on the mattress. He hears more yells. He pushes his finger tips into his ear to block cochlea, and prevent from hearing further noises.

Taehyung, if you ever come across father beating me, you won't do anything.

He tried to object to his sister's words, he really did but she structured words so virtuously.

If you fight him, he will kill me and kill you. Tell me what's good in that?

He swallows his sobs, tears welling up as he leans closer to the wolf that was already in deep slumber.

More screams.

Streams of tears flowed faster than his heartbeat. Choking on his sobs, he pinched his arm harshly for the pain to disappear.

Taehyung I love you and I don't want anything to happen to you.

More sobs emit from his lips, hugging himself to ease the multiple stings to his heart. It was so suffocating.

He feels something wet against his cheek to come eye to eye with the beast, that continued to lick at his face. He sniffles once more before hugging the wolf by the side where it won't set pressure on the wound.

The same scent his nostrils were appealed, dizzy him out. Maybe the hallucination was coming back to life but he couldn't give it a mind as his eyelids cover up his orbs enabling him from sighting, slumber embracing him.

•*+*+*+*•

"Tae, wake up."

He stirs for a moment before opening his eyes to be met with his sister who stood hovering over him.

"Jisoo.", he calls, relief washing over him as he briskly gets on his feet to embrace the female.

"I thought he would kill you.", he mumbles against the woman's shoulder. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Tae, my baby brother. I love you so much, so so much. If I die, you will stay strong. Promise me.", she utters, tightly hugging her brother by the waist, nuzzling her face in his chest.

"Why are you saying these things?", he cries out, parting slightly to stare at her questioningly.

"No reason, just I love you.", she utters pecking his head, before pointing at the food that was set on the ground.

"Where did he hit you?", the brunette reluctantly questions, gazing down her body to see if any bruise was present.

"He didn't hit me, he threw things because he was drunk, don't worry about me."

As Taehyung parts his lips to say words of his own, he hears groans behind his back of the wolf's.

•*+*+*+*•

"You really like meat, wolfie."

It has been six days since the keeping of the animal and fortunately no person got down here to find out the beast. The wound almost healed, as said by Jisoo, it only needs to heal completely before they let the animal free into the forest.

The wolf doesn't reply, while chewing the meat that was presented to him. Taehyung smiles, running his fingers in the dark fur.

"At first I wondered if you were a part of my imagination. But now even Jisoo sees you. I feel relieved to know a fascinating creature such as you exists.", the male mutters. "You know, I everyday live with the fear of having my whole life evolving around hallucinations. It's very scary. Sometimes even my senses can feel it. There was this man I saw, he just had eyes like yours. Blood red. I was afraid of his fangs but there was this emotion. I felt euphoric."

As if now the wolf was staring at the brunette not giving a mind to the left out meat.

"When I first saw him, I thought this is how you feel when you get infatuated but even if it was one of my hallucinations he wanted to kill me. He was one of the demons that came to life. I can't forget him, I tried. He's touch still lingers."

Taehyung glances at his side where the wolf had crawled to, and then the beast is above him, licking his face endlessly.

"Stop, stop.", the male chuckles out, his heart warming up on the love he's receiving. "Stop."

•*+*+*+*•

"Taehyung, I love you. I will always be with you."

His mother. She's standing by his door, like she always does. She stands there smiling his way with her angelic features.

He always thought, what if instead of the hallucination she was an angel. The dove turned into human. The pure soul god sent to protect him.

He shakes his head as she fades away. Predictable.

He first got these illusions when he was fourteen. He was eight, he still remembers everything, the way her face was pale, multiple needles attached to her arm. Then she passed away. It's strange how he got the imagery of her after six years.

He thought she was a mystery. He still thinks she is. Someone so distant but so close.

•*+*+*+*•

The nineteen year old boy walks down the stairs to feed the wolf for the final time. Jisoo confirmed that the beast has completely healed.

Tonight, they are planning to let out the animal to his natural habitat. Taehyung felt a little dejected at the thought of not being able to snuggle the soft fur and cuddle it while falling out of exhaustion.

He still has hopes of encountering the wolf as it stays close by. A soft smile dances over his lips, he has so much adoration for the beastly creature.

He climbs further down the steps when his steps halt. The scent.

He can smell it. The ecstasy of the night weeks ago, is rushing back to him. He frowns turning three sixty degrees to look for the culprit causing him to feel such way. Is he back? The very realistic hallucination.

Is it back? Will it end him?

He exhales heavily, siting himself down on the stairs to catch his breath. He rubs his palms against his knees to remove the sweat that formed on his skin.

The image of red eyes flashed right through his orbs. He pushes aside his thoughts, convincing himself that it's another one of his illusions trying to mess with him.

He climbs farther down the stairs when the aura of bliss, went up the atmosphere. The scent felt somewhat addicting.

He finally reached the ground to look around and find the wolf he's here for. His gaze settles on the comforter that had a bump, most likely hiding away the animal.

Taehyung takes his steps towards it to snatch the blanket away, startle the wolf, and to earn himself multiple licks. That's what he wanted, not expecting any other scenario.

He grips the cloth to pull half way. He drops the plate at the seen. His heart stills.

The demon he encountered not so long ago was revealed.