Part 10

*7th period; Alex's PoV*

I see Josie walking in class, with her earbuds in. She sits down in the seat next to me and I can hear how loud her music is.

How is she not deaf yet?

She doesn't turn to look at me, but she lowers the volume of her music once class starts.

~~~

We're taking notes, since we're now taking Government. The classes stay the same, the teacher just changes.

There's 20 minutes left of class when I feel my phone vibrate.

I grab my phone unlocking it and see it's a message from Instagram.

I open the message.

xx.shaty.cx: do I need more proof to convince you?

I take a deep breath. I scroll up seeing a bunch of screenshots from conversations that are supposedly between Josie and other people, saying that she's using me just to get what she wants, use me physically and emotionally and then leave me.

alex.0316: all those screenshots are fake, I don't believe you.

xx.shaty.cx: I've warned you.

I leave them on read and put my phone away.

They're not real.

But yet, I've been ignoring Josie all day, and I'm thinking they are real.

Maybe they are.

I knew that me and Josie, talking and being friends and probably even dating, was too good to be true.

*Evelyn's PoV; end of 7th period*

"You're dismissed! See you tomorrow" the teacher says a minute after the bell rings. I put my notes in my backpack and I stand up. I walk out of the classroom.

"Evelyn! Wait" I freeze, recognizing the voice.

"What do you want?" I turn around to look at Javier.

"Why did you just stop talking to me? What did I do? You just blocked me out of nowhere" He tells me.

"You did quite a lot actually. I don't associate with people who act like assholes" I give him a fake smile and start walking away.

"It's because of Josie huh? I found out you were her friend" I turn around to look at him.

"I respect Josie. I'm not going to be talking to her ex, who treated her like crap" he steps closer to me, I get nervous but I don't move back.

He gets close to me and gives me a smile.

"I don't know what Josie or her friends told you. But whatever she said is fake" I look at him.

"Josie wouldn't lie about stuff like that. I believe her. Not you"

"She's saying all that for attention. She's an attention whore" I slap him.

"Don't even dare call her that. Because she's not. You abused her and took advantage of her" I start getting angry.

"You're a r-"

"Get away from Evelyn" I hear Miranda yelling behind me. She stands in front of me.

"You sure fucking know you have a restraining order to stay away from Josie and any of her friends and family. So fuck off"

He looks at us.

"You'll all pay" he walks away to the band hall.

"Are you okay?" Miranda looks at me and I nod.