chapter 5✔

Continuation

Continuation...

Before Raghunath could even open his mouth, one of Arjun's father's friends offered to buy the shares as per the plan. Once he quoted a particular price, another person offered to buy them at a higher price.

It was more like bidding. Raghunath didn't know what was happening. Firstly, his plan had failed and then, once he wanted to buy the shares, everyone was fighting over almost as if the shares were nothing but hot potatoes that were on sale.

Raghunath, fed up with all this, impatiently blurted out the first amount that he could come up with. Upon hearing it, the entire room went dead silent.

Arjun hid his smirk that threatened to form on his face by maintaining a poker exterior. He stood up from his seat and walked over to Raghunath with a file in his hand.

He gave that file to Raghunath, informed him about it being a share transfer agreement, and asked him to sign it.

Before Raghunath could get any chance to correct himself, he found himself signing in the agreement. It took him some time to realize what had actually happened.

But by that time everything was already over. Arjun looked at Raghunath with a smug smile whereas Raghunath gritted his teeth angrily, knowing very well that he made a fool out of himself.

Sometime later, he consoled himself that Arjun wouldn't be a hurdle for him anymore and he could single-handedly rule this business empire.

Additionally, the CEO position finally belonged to him. Upon thinking about this, he felt lighter.

But what he didn't know was that with the agreement, he had signed up for his impending doom. Arjun might have retreated for the moment, but he had succeeded in his first step.

While walking out of the board room, Arjun glimpsed at Raghunath one last time and stormed out.

"I will pray for you to soar in success. Then it will be more painful for you when you fall. I will make you pay for the heartbreak, pain, and struggles that you made my family and me go through. Raghunath, enjoy the peace till it lasts," Arjun swore under his breath.

After returning from a meeting, Arjun narrated everything to his grandfather to which he smiled proudly at his grandson. He suggested Arjun return to the U.S. to complete his studies.

Arjun hesitated because he did not want to leave his family alone. Sensing his bafflement, his grandfather assured him that he would stay there from then on and would take care of his mother and sister.

Arjun went back to Harvard and two months later he returned with his law degree. He was a dedicated student and did not let his personal life affect his studies.

His family was immensely proud of him when he became the topper of his University.

Upon his return, his grandfather introduced him to his friend Krishna Murthy who was a powerful lawyer by profession with a sharp tongue.

After testing the skills of Arjun, Krishna took him as his disciple, noticing that the young man had immense potential.

Krishna Murthy groomed Arjun for three years who eventually became a successful lawyer. That timeframe was sufficient for Krishna to recognize the young man's capabilities.

He also became sharp-tongued just like his guru(master). He came to be known for his decisiveness, sharpness, and assertiveness, his arguments in court being enough for others to fumble and put themselves to shame.

That was how his journey as a lawyer started.

If one assumed that his future would be smooth and a walk on a carpet of flowers, that person could not be more incorrect.

Thanks for reading

Do vote and comment.