chapter 39✔

Arjun's POV:

Arjun's POV:

When we were exiting the cafe, suddenly Daksha stopped in her tracks and held my hand tight.

I looked at her in confusion but before I could have a chance to know what happened, her hold on me loosened and she closed her ears as if she wanted to avoid hearing something.

I really didn't know what was happening to her. When she was about to faint, I immediately held her in my arms and she lost her consciousness after muttering 'Rahul'.

Now I didn't have time or leisure to think about who he was. My priority was Daksha. So I lifted her in my arms and hurriedly marched towards my car.

I placed her down to open the car door and held her by her shoulders. After that I made her sit on the passenger seat and grabbed a water bottle from the car.

I sprinkled some water on her face while waiting worriedly for her to open her eyes. Sometime later, regained consciousness and looked at me after blinking away her daze.

"Daksha, are you okay.?" I asked her concernedly.

"I am fine. Can we not go to my parent's house.? Take me home." She requested me weakly and I nodded.

After making sure that she was okay, I took the driving seat and started heading home.

Daksha closed her eyes tiredly and leaned on the headrest. Seeing her like that, I couldn't stop myself from worrying more.

"Are you really okay? Let's go to the hospital." Saying this,  I was about to change the direction of the car but she held my hand and shook her head slightly in denial.

"No. I am really fine. I know my body well. Just a little rest is all I need. Sorry to frighten you like that. Don't worry, okay?" She told me but still, her words didn't fade my concern.

I looked at her for a while and she gave me an assuring smile. I sighed and headed to the house.

We soon reached our home. I got down from the car and went to Daksha's side to open her door. I called her name slowly but she was sleeping soundly.

I lifted her in my arms carefully so as to not wake her up from sleep and carried her inside after informing the watchman to park the car in the garage.

Mom just came out of the kitchen and after seeing Daksha in my arms, she hurriedly came to us and glanced at Daksha in worry.

"What happened to her? Didn't you guys go to her parent's house? " Mom asked me and hearing her voice, Daksha stirred in my arms. So, I gestured to my Mom to keep quiet.

"Nothing. She is just sleeping. We didn't go to meet her parents as she was so tired. Can you please make a call to inform them that we couldn't make it today?" I asked her softly and she nodded at me in agreement.