chapter 23✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

I somehow reached my apartment without getting myself involved in an accident.

After entering the flat, I was greeted with the different expressions on the faces of my friends.

By seeing their faces, I knew that my Mom had already informed them about my wedding. Yeah! Believe me when I say different expressions. Let me explain then.

Yuktha was grinning from ear to ear as if she had achieved something which she had been longing for. Rishu sat there normally but after seeing me, she also smiled at me.

Finally, Aarna was sulking. You guys might have guessed the reason behind her sulking.

After seeing me, she glared at me and turned her face to the other side. Seeing her antics, I shook my head  but I still prefer this sulking Aarna to tease Aarna.

She will tease the hell out of me once she comes to know about the fact that I am going to marry that Airport guy only. I hope she never comes to know about that fact.

"Girl, congratulations. Finally, you are getting hitched. I am really happy for you. I can't wait for your wedding to take place." After saying this, the overexcited Yuktha took me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Congrats, Akka." Even the ever silent Rishu opened her mouth to congratulate me but that Aarna, after her initial glaring, never even turned her head to look at me.

"Aaru, don't you want to congratulate me? I am finally getting married as you have always wanted." I asked her in a teasing tone, expecting a witty comeback from her but all I received was silence as a response.

Feeling that it was a little unusual of her, I went to her and held her face to make her look at me. After turning her face, I really got shocked seeing the tears in her eyes.

She immediately hugged me and started crying with her head on my shoulder.

Seeing her like that, all my playful mood was gone and I hugged her back tightly. Aarna was never the girl to cry over every issue. Especially, she never cries in front of anyone openly.

That anyone includes us also. She always tries to cover her worries and spreads smiles around her.

"Akka, please don't get married. Don't leave me. Okay, I won't tease you or trouble you anymore. Please stay with me. I was just teasing you when I asked you to get married. I never want you to leave me. You are the only one who is with me in every situation." Her hold became tighter around me.

"When my own mom is treating me like I never exist, you are the one who looked after me and treated me like your little sister. Please don't get married. I love you so much, Akka. Not only you, but I love you all of you. I can't live without you guys. You are the only people I got. Please don't leave me." She said in between her sobs, her words literally brought tears to my eyes.

I am really controlling myself from sobbing after seeing her vulnerable state.

I have known her since she was just a little girl and I always have a soft corner for her.

I knew that she always considers me as her elder sister but never knew that she loved me this much for which she was even willing to beg me to stay with her.

I also started crying as I couldn’t control myself anymore. Rishu and Yuktha engulfed us in a hug and they too had tears in their eyes.

I didn't really think about how l was going to live without them when I agreed with this marriage

Not only her, but even I also can't bear to leave them. After a while, we all calmed down except for Aarna.

"Aaru, stop crying yaar. She is going to start a new life. We should be happy for her as she is willing to move on from her past. Even if she gets married, Rishu and I are still going to stay here na. Moreover, it's not like your Daksha Akka is going to another country after her marriage..right? " Yuktha said, trying to stop her from crying more.

"Yeah. I am going to stay in this city only. You can always come to visit me whenever you feel like seeing me. Do you remember what you had said to Sudha Aunty? You said that you will marry my future husband's brother or his friend. In this case, he doesn't have any brothers. So, try your luck with his friends," I said to her but still, she was in her sobbing mode.

Rishu went to hug her and after hugging her, she again started crying. I had to use my last weapon. I really didn’t have any choice

I had never expected that I would be the one revealing the truth to her when just a few minutes ago I prayed to God to keep the secret safe from her.

"God never favors me." I thought in my mind and sighed.

"Aaru, I have something to tell you. Actually, your curse really came true. I am getting married to that airport guy only. You know, the airport guy is actually Sarada Aunty’s son."

True to my words, after hearing this, she immediately stopped crying and looked at me to know whether I was telling the truth or not.

After confirming what I had said was true, she started laughing like a maniac.

Both Yuktha and Rishu looked at us in confusion after seeing her weird behavior.

"I won't cry anymore. As Yuktha Akka has said, I have to be happy for you. I can't be selfish in this matter. Akka, go and marry him. I will see who will have the guts to stop you from marrying him. You got my blessings, Akka. Get married soon."

She was smiling and even started dancing like an idiot muttering something like 'It came true' under her breath.

"Is she the same girl who was crying her guts out and literally begging me to not get married? I really envy that rude guy. He already won Aarna even without doing anything." I cursed him in my heart.

"Can anyone please explain to us what's going on here? Why is she laughing like this? Moreover, who is this Airport guy you are talking about?" Yuktha asked with a confused expression on her face.

Before I could explain anything, Aarna started narrating everything about the happenings at the airport.

After completing her narration, she looked at me while wiggling her eyebrows playfully and all the three started looking at me with teasing smiles on their faces.
.
.

I regret telling her the truth.
.
.
Now it's my turn to sulk :(

Thanks for reading.

Please do vote and comment.