chapter 12✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

I woke up from my sleep in the evening due to the constant ringing of my phone. I picked it up to see that Aaru was calling me. I attended the call and was instantly greeted with her loud voice.

"Thank God! Finally, you got some time to attend my call. How many times do I have to call you? People are dying to hear my voice and here you are ignoring me. That's why I need to stay away from you for some time, then you will come to know how important I am. Akka, why are you not talking? Are you now ignoring me even after attending the call?" Aarna was shouting on the other end.

Hearing her shout, my sleep immediately fled out of the window. I sat up, holding my head with one hand and the phone with the other.

"Lower your voice. I feel like my ears were about to explode. FYI, I will only get the chance to talk when you let me do so. Also, let me correct you, people are not dying to hear your voice, but they are dying after hearing your voice. Now state your purpose for calling me. It better be important."

"You are being so mean. Leave it. My pedhamma is asking you guys to join us for dinner at their house. I asked both Yuktha Akka and Rishu. Yuktha Akka is going to visit her mom and Rishu is doing overtime. So, they both can't make it. So Akka as you are free, you please come. It's so boring with just me and pedhamma. Pretty please, Akka, " she informed and drawled towards the end, in her sing-song voice booming through the phone.

"Aaru, you know that I stopped visiting others as I am not comfortable with anyone anymore."

"Akka, Pedhamma is not an outsider. If you don't remember then let me remind you, she is the best friend of your mom. Stop pushing everyone from your life. They don't deserve that kind of treatment. All I ask for you is to attend the dinner. I don't think it is too much. Forget that I called you. Sorry to disturb you. Ohh, by the way, I am going to stay at my pedhamma's for a while. Bye." After saying this she ended the call without even giving me any chance to reply.

I was still looking at my phone in a daze even after the call was ended.

"Aarna was right. I need to stop pushing everyone. I don't need to be the reason behind everyone's smiles, but I shouldn't be the reason behind others' pain. That was what I had always wanted to do. But now what I am doing is exactly the opposite of what I used to think. I even disappointed my ever-smiling Aaru. I have to stop doing this," I said to myself and left for the washroom to get ready for dinner.

After getting ready, I picked my car keys and went out after locking the door of the apartment. I got into my car and started driving it.

I stopped at a supermarket to buy Aarna's favorite chocolates and at a fruit shop to buy some fruits. After that, I started going towards my destination.

Once I reached Sudha Aunty's house, I parked my car and taking the fruits I had bought previously, I started walking. I pressed the call bell and Sudha Aunty opened the door almost immediately.