chapter 18✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

After coming out of Sarada Aunty's room, we went to the parking area. Arjun went to get the car while I stood outside waiting for him.

After he brought the car, I was going to get into the back seat of the car, but he stopped me from doing so by saying, " Sit in the passenger seat or else get out."

Gritting my teeth, I went to sit in the passenger seat as I didn't have any choice. An arrogant smirk appeared on his face by seeing me obey him.

I so wanted to slap that annoying smirk off his face. Unable to bear that smug look, I turned to face the window.

Again, I turned my face to see him when I found out that he still hadn't started driving and saw that he was looking at me while raising his eyebrows at me. I didn't understand why he was looking at me like that.

"Why are you looking at me instead of starting the car?" I asked him with a frown and he just huffed in my direction.

"Woman, where do I have to take you if you don't tell me the address? To my house? Tell me the damn address of your house so that I can drop you there," he said in an irritable tone.

I gave him the address and turned my face to the window, embarrassed. He ignited the engine and started driving towards my apartment.

The journey was filled with complete silence until it got interrupted by the ringing of my mobile phone.

I took the phone from my bag and saw that Aarna was the one who was calling me. I attended the call and was greeted by Aarna's booming voice.

I retracted the phone instantly away from my ear because of her loud voice.

"One day, this girl will make me go deaf," muttering slowly under my breath, I brought the phone to my ear again.

"Akka, why didn't you come back till now? It's very unusual."

"I got late because Sarada aunty is unwell and got admitted to our hospital. I am on my way. I will be home in 20 minutes," I replied patiently.

"Ohh! How is she now? Why didn't Indra Anna inform me about her hospitalization when he was with me till now?"

"She is fine and nothing serious had happened. How will he know when he doesn't have any relation with her?"

"God! Akka! Don't you know that Sarada Aunty's son is Indra Anna's best friend? I came to know about this when Sarada Aunty attended one of the family functions. I heard from my pedhamma that Indra Anna has three best friends, though I never got a chance to see them as they usually hang out privately."

After hearing what Aarna had said, I looked at him immediately to see whether he had heard it or not, as Aarna's voice was loud enough for him to hear even if she was talking over the phone, but I found him driving with his usual serious face on, without any change in his expressions.