chapter 37✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

It had been ten days since we got married. Those days, Arjun and I came close to one another.

He was always so protective and caring towards me. My days passed with his usual teasing.

We both resumed our professional lives. Since today was the weekend, we both were at the house only.

Ammu went out to hang out with her friends. Attayya went to meet Sudha Aunty and my Mom. Malathi ma went to visit her daughter. So, we both were alone at the house.

Arjun was studying his upcoming case. Feeling so bored, I went to the kitchen to pass my time by cooking something

I decided to make an apple pie and took out all the necessary ingredients. I prepared the dough for the crust and sliced the apples.

I prepared the sauce and took the rolling pin to roll out the bottom crust. After that, I took out the pie plate and arranged the crust on it.

I filled it with the apple and sauce mixture and covered it with the dough strips in a woven lattice pattern over the top.

After brushing the egg mixture over it, I kept it in the oven to let it bake.

Meanwhile, Arjun too came searching for me. After seeing me, he stood behind me and wound his arms around my waist while resting his head on my shoulder.

"What are you making?" he asked me.

"You will know it soon," I replied to him with a smile and leaned more into him. He too smiled in return.

"Wanna grab some coffee?" I asked him after a while to which he shook his head in denial.

Seeing the timer alarm go off, I came out of his embrace and went to take the pie out

After checking that the pie was baked perfectly, I let out a satisfactory laugh and placed it on a plate.

Again, I sensed his presence behind me. He looked at the pie for some time and asked me.

"Is it an American Pie.?" he asked with a teasing smile. I glared at him and smacked him hard.

"Geez! What's with you?" He asked me while rubbing the spot where I smacked him.

"What American Pie? Can't you think of another thing?" I asked him while scrunching my nose in disgust.

"Hahaha..what to do! That movie stirred quite a lot of commotion at that time," he told me after giving me an awkward smile.