chapter-26✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

"Darling! How are you?" I heard the voice which nearly made me drop my phone.

" Anna(brother)..." I squealed in surprise after hearing the gentle tone of my brother.

"Well, you still didn't answer my question."  He said after chuckling a bit.

"Anna, is it really you? Only God knows how much I have missed you. I am doing well, Anna. What about you?" I asked him after recovering from my initial excitement.

"As usual. Just living." I heard him sigh from the other end.

After hearing his response, the smile on my lips faltered and my eyes filled with invisible tears. I placed my other hand on my mouth to not make any noise

"Anna, why don’t you ever blame me for everything that happened? Why? Why do you still care for me when I did nothing but snatching your happiness?" I asked him with silent tears coming out of my eyes.

Even though the past happenings were not caused by me, they happened because of me. My family never once blamed me which increased my guilt to another level.

"Kiddo, it was not your fault. You do know that, right? So how can I blame you when you are the only ray of light that remained in my life?"

A sob erupted from my mouth after hearing his response. What he said was true.

He never treated me like his sister but treated me like his own daughter. He always thinks about me before doing anything.

"Anna, I miss you so much. Please come back. Let's face everything together, okay? When you are not beside me, I feel like I lost my backing. Anna, you always make me feel strong and I always feel like I can do anything because I got your back. Do you know Anna? I am getting married. Can you at least attend my marriage?" I asked him, waiting expectantly for his reply.

There was a moment of silence and I didn't get any response from him. Knowing his answer very well, I sighed disappointedly.

"I understand, Anna. I won't forc- " He cut me off in the middle.

"I will come in a month or so but I can't make it to your wedding. So, please forgive me. Just remember that my blessings will always be with you. I can't disappoint Mom and Dad anymore,"

I was a little disappointed about the fact that he couldn't attend my wedding but I was so happy to know that he was finally going to return.

"No problem, Anna. I understand. I just want you to come back. It doesn't matter if it is for my wedding or not," I replied to him excitedly.

"Your groom's name is Arjun, right? He is a nice guy. Try to give yourself a chance. If he troubles you in the future, just come to me. I will make him taste my fists."