chapter 31✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

The next morning, I freshened up and went downstairs. As the wedding day is getting closer, everyone is busy with their chores.

My mom is busily applying the turmeric paste to the wedding invitations. Dad is talking to the caterers over the phone.

Even Aaru, Yuktha, and Rishu are busy discussing something. Yuktha and Rishu are sitting on either side of Aarna on the couch while Aarna has a notepad on her lap and a pen in her hand.

I noticed that she was doing only one thing i.e., writing something and striking it off again and again.

Just like me, both Yuktha and Rishu must have been fed up with her behavior. That was why both of them smacked the back of her head together.

After that, they looked at each other and started laughing like idiots because of their mirrored actions.

At least Rishu had the decency to snigger by covering her mouth but Yuktha was laughing directly at Aarna's face.

When I saw that Aarna was ready to retort back at them, I interrupted them, not wanting for World War III to start in the morning itself.

When they saw me, both stopped laughing. Aarna bit back her retort and sat there while sulking.

"What are guys busy with?" I asked them.

After hearing my question, Aarna scoffed and turned her face to another side with a pout on her face.

It was her indirect way of letting me know that she did not want to talk to me. I smiled at her childish behavior.

"We are not," Yuktha laughed, "Only Aaru is busy with an important thing. She is having a hard time making a list of the delicacies that she wants to eat at your wedding." After saying this, Yuktha involved herself in another laughing fit.

"Really?" I took the notepad from Aarna's lap.

I started laughing after seeing the contents in that book too. She prepared a schedule for her eating session for every half an hour.

When I reached the dessert section, I saw that she first wrote ice cream, then she removed it by striking it off and wrote Gulab Jamun instead and again struck it off. Finally, she wrote the names of the pastries there and received a smack from Yuktha and Rishu before she could get a chance to strike them off too.

"Looks like you are really having a hard time, Aaru baby," I teased her while laughing.

She stood up from the couch and snatched the notepad from me. After glaring at me, she went towards my Mom and rested her head on her shoulders while puffing her cheeks.

Mom was smiling at our banter. I took Aarna's place and settled myself between Yuktha and Rishu.

Meanwhile, Dad finished his call and motioned us to explain what happened there.