chapter 43✔

Flashback continues:

.
.
.

Daksha came back to consciousness after a while and opened her eyes to observe the surroundings.

When she noticed that she was in the hospital, all the previous happenings flooded into her mind and she sat up with a jerk after thinking about Teju. She hissed in pain because of the wound on her arm.

She removed the IV needle from her hand and slowly walked outside. When she went outside, she saw her Mom was sitting there on a chair silently. She slowly went to her and nudged her a little.

"Maa? Where is Teju? She is okay, right?" She asked her mom in a low voice and her mom shook her head a little.

"Doctors aren't saying anything. She is still in the operation theatre." Her mom sighed sadly.

"Maa, please take me there. Let's go." Saying this, Daksha grabbed her mom's hand weakly, urging her Mom to take her there.

"You are so weak. You can see her but rest for a while." Her mom suggested after seeing her daughter's weak countenance.

"No, Maa. She is more important to me now. I can't calm down until I assure myself that she is well and safe. Please take me there. I beg you." Daksha said agitatedly and her mom took her to that floor after thinking for a while.

When they reached there, she saw that her brother was standing at the corner of the hall and was looking outside the window calmly.

But his tensed shoulders clearly indicated that he was anything but calm and her father sat on the chair silently while covering his face with his hands.

Daksha didn't know what to say or how to console them when she wasn't in any better condition. She took her seat silently and started looking at the operation theatre without blinking her eyes.

Suddenly the doors of OT opened and Adi was the first one to rush over to the doctor and started bombarding the questions in anguish.

"Doctor, everything is okay, right? Is she alright? Can I see her now? When will she regain consciousness? Please discharge her soon. She doesn't like hospitals. We will get her treated from home itself." Adi said hurriedly in a hopeful tone but all he got was silence as an answer from the doctor.

"Doctor, why are you not answering? Tell me. Nothing is serious, right?" He again asked him. This time his father intervened in between and let the doctor say his words.