chapter 24✔

Arjun's POV:

Arjun's POV:

I really didn’t know what was happening in my life. Nothing was going in my favor.

I never thought of getting married but I willingly agreed to the marriage because of my mother.

I might be looking tough and strong in front of everyone but in reality, even I had some fears and I was also scared of taking this huge responsibility.

I was afraid of disappointing my mother. I was afraid of failing to fulfill my responsibilities which would come with this marriage.

I was afraid of crushing the hopes of the girl whom I was going to marry.

So many thoughts were running in my mind. Those thoughts were not letting me sleep peacefully.

I turned around and saw my mother's sleeping figure. Her face looked so peaceful as if she didn’t have any worries in this world.

Looking at her face made me feel like I could do anything for her even if it meant marrying an unknown girl.

"For her... just for her. I have to do this." I thought in my mind before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up unusually late and got freshened up. My Mom was getting discharged that day.

I had so many things to take care of. I gave a call to Malathi Aunty asking her to come to the hospital and accompany my Mom while I would be handling all the procedures.

When she came, I went to get the procedures done. After completing the procedures, I was on my way to the elevator.

The elevator was completely empty. I entered it and clicked the floor number where the room of my Mom was located.

When the doors were about to close, I heard someone shouting from outside to stop the elevator for a minute.

After hearing the shout, I stopped the doors from getting closed. When the doors opened, I saw that the one who shouted to stop the elevator was none other than Daksha.

I think she was running to get into the elevator as she was panting heavily. Upon seeing that it was me who stopped the elevator, she stopped at some distance outside to catch her breath and gave me a grateful smile.

In return, I smirked at her and she gave me a confused look as she didn't understand the reason behind my smirking.

I immediately pressed the close button. The doors were getting closed completely, catching her off guard.

She ran hurriedly to the elevator and tried to keep her leg between the doors to prevent them from closing. But it was too late.

"Take your own time," I said to her before the doors closed.

After that, the elevator started going upwards. I smiled remembering her dumbfounded expression.

God! It really feels so good to tease her. I always enjoyed seeing her getting all riled up. That was the reason why I always teased her.