Chapter 17: At my Side

Here's another chapter for ya'll. Don't forget to vote and comment my dear readers. Happy reading :)

---

Christian's POV

Zeph and I has been so happy for the past few months. Last month he brought me to this mountain resort and I really loved it there. I hope we'll be back there soon.

The both of us are doing great so far.
I'm happy, we are both happy at this moment. I have no problems with my academics, as well as with zeph.

It's already noon.

My phone rings.

Someone is calling. I picked my phone and see who is calling.

Sis Maine is calling, my elder sister.

I swiped my phone to answer.

"Hello sis?" I said

"We are at the hospital right now. We brought Dad here because he was unwell" she said.

I can sense the worryness on her tone.

"Okay, I'll skip class today and go there immediately" I replied.

"No! We can manage here. Just go to your class today. You can come here tomorrow" she replied

I know she can manage. But I'm worried for my father. He has been unwell for quite a long time now and haven't visited the doctor for consultation. I wasn't expecting that this will happen. None of us expects that this will happen.

"O-okay, I'll be there tomorrow. I'll be the one to take care of him there" I responded

"Okay. Bye for now" then she hangs up.

Eventhough I am at my dorm and is far away from home, I am still worried what might happen. I mean no one would feel okay about this matter.

The following day, I rode a bus back to my hometown and headed immediately to the hospital.

I went to the ward where my father is confined. My sister Maine is there, she has been with dad since yesterday so I offered I could replace her today. Then she agreed.

Before she went home, I asked her what happened. She said that dad's kidneys are weak and is infected and has affected his brain and bodily functions. Both us are hoping that he will get better. After she explained to me about dad's condition, she went home to take a rest.

I'm sitting at a long chair beside the patient's bed.

I feel so bad seeing my dad lying on the bed. Unconscious and looking week. I know he is just sleeping and I don't want to wake him up.

Honestly, I hate staying in a hospital. Because it always gives me the feeling of sadness and worry. It is quite and seeing a lot of people getting sick is really out of my thoughts. It ia too much for me. But here I am, with my ill father. I hope everything will be okay soon.

This is a government hospital, so the services, staff and facilities are limited. That's why I'm the one taking care of dad at this moment and we switch day by day on who is going to stay at the hospital with dad.

Time flies so fast on my stay. It's almost noon at I have to go back to my dorm to attend my classes. I have to leave early or else I'll be late. I have to take a bus and the trips takes about an hour.

I waited for a few moments and mom arrived to replace me. Good thing she arrived earlier.

I hope I can be with mom today. I know she needs someone to comfort her. It is also hard for her to see dad like this.