Chapter 15: After (8)

Author's Note:

Hello readers! Thanks for the positive feedback on the last chapter. I will also probably back-update the previous "after," chapters to make it more clear on the timeline. The story started with Meredith in Derek's trailer and then they were in Meredith's house still arguing before Mer kicked Der out. There was a missed scene about that transition and I will write that in soon! Thanks for your patience and thanks for your honest feedback.

bobbiejelly

Lost & Found

Meredith Grey isn't the only one who lost her panties the night of the hospital prom. This is the story of when Derek Shepherd finds Addison Montgomery's panties in Meredith's prom dress.

Chapter 15: After (8)

MEREDITH

"So you love her, your kisses with her have a spark in them, and you just left your boyfriend who happens to be her husband, and yet, you're still not with Addison?" Callie questions.

"She said no to me!" I yelp at Callie.

"You said she felt the spark, too, though, right?" Says Callie.

"She did! She said these beautiful things and metaphors about how she felt when she kissed me and then she said no to dating me and I'm heartbroken!" I finally grunt.

"Did she say why?" Callie asks me.

"She did, but that's between just Addison and me," I respond.

"Fair enough," offers Callie.

"I just hate that she's lonely. She said I could date Derek while her divorce ws being finalized because she's drawn up the papers and Derek said that he'd sign them so she said there's no point in me waiting if I wanted him. Addison practically asked me to date Derek or try to because she didn't want me to be lonely. But all I can think about is how SHE is lonely and how I'm thinking about her when I'm with him and I shouldn't be. So I'm almost relieved that he'd found her panties in my dress because now it's over with Derek and I and I can just find myself again," I cry out.

"So wait, this is Addison who once called you out for screwing her husband, and then you screwed her husband again, and then you screwed her, and then she turned you down and offered for her to screw her husband all over again but with her blessing this time?" Callie tries to figure it all out.

"Yes. All of that is correct. All the chronological order," I say to her.

"That's really-" I can tell Callie's trying not to say 'fucked up,' but her face says it for her.

"What about Finn?" Callie asks me.

"I didn't want to drag kind and gentle Finn into this. I talked to him after prom and I told him I was no good for him. I think he's still not over his wife that died though anyway," I say.

"Did Addison tell you 'never?' or just no for now?" Callie asks me tenderly.

"She said 'no for now,' you're right," I tell Callie.

"Did she say when she would be ready?" Asks Callie.

"Not really," I sigh, because she didn't.

"Do you think she would be now?" Callie asks me.

"I have no idea," I say.

"Do you think she would be open to being your friend, now that you've left her husband?" Callie asks me in utter precision.

"Maybe. Or at least I hope so. We agreed not to work together this past week because it would be too complicated. But I just miss being around her. Even before we had sex, Addison would talk to me sometimes and we'd work together and it was nice. Now we don't see each other and I feel like I'm aching all the time. I just want to see her!" I shout.