Chapter 29: After (15)

Author's Note:

Please note that Chapter 28 was edited earlier in order to keep it in line with the changing perspectives and the times, the plot is similar but it might be interesting to catch up with that chapter in its new form before this one if you've read that before December 22, 2020.

Otherwise, behold and enjoy Chapter 29 :).

Thank you so much for reading this!

bobbiejelly

Lost & Found

Meredith Grey isn't the only one who lost her panties the night of the hospital prom. This is the story of when Derek Shepherd finds Addison Montgomery's panties in Meredith's prom dress.

Chapter 29: After (15)

MEREDITH

When we're woken up, it's not with a bang, it's with a-

"MEREDITH! OPEN UP!" A voice calls out from the bottom steps.

"Who is it?" I groan, desperately hoping it isn't Derek.

It isn't, actually, it's someone else.

Someone I'd nearly forgotten about in a daze;

"Finn?" I question, as I hear footsteps coming right up the stairs.

"Yes, are you alright?" He asks me.

Gosh, Finn was such a good guy, he is such a good guy, and he had all sorts of new plans involving me, and he's definitely the better guy, so I hate to break the news to him like this.

"Can I come in?" Finn asks politely as he knocks on my bedroom door.

"Umm- just a second," I call out, panicking as I attempt to throw some clothes on, and cover Addison up with two blankets.

"Take your time!" says Finn, and it's a huge relief that he's not impatient.

At least he's not beating my damn door down.

"Okay, yeah, ah- I'm good," I say as I open up the latch and Finn Dandridge walks in.

He looks just as calm and collected as before, with his McVet expression, his sweater-vest, and his distinctive expression that would be soothing if I didn't feel like I was about to break his heart into bits all over again.

"I came to bring you some more ice cream, it's mango this time," Finn says simply, and I have to blink six times before I understand what he's saying.

"You came all this way just to bring me ice cream?" I say, rather surprised.

"Yeah, says Finn. "I thought you might need it after the prom, I mean, I saw you run off so I figured you might have had a rough night," Finn offers, and I bite my lip guiltily as the memories of how I'd actually spent the rest of my prom night filled my mind.

"Thanks-" I gesture for him to lay the container down on the table.

"I brought up some spoons as well, I got them from your kitchen, I hope you don't mind," Finn shrugs as he even hands me some napkins,

"You didn't have to do this-" I say, because there's nothing else to be said here.

"It's no problem, as I said the last time, I was in the neighborhood, and I know you're still mourning Doc, so I thought this could be like shiva, but for non-Jewish people also," Finn offers.

"You really are the better guy, aren't you," I sigh.

"Probably, but you already knew that, didn't you?" Finn laughs. "Besides, you might not need to have the 'better guy,' after all," Finn turns on his heels to walk away, and at that moment, I wonder exactly what he'd already known, and what he'd found out, and from who.

"I'll leave you to it then, you let me know if you ever want to adopt another pet sometime, and I'll let you know if I ever birth another horse in the near future. You could come by again for that if you want, and it doesn't even have to be date-like," Finn offers.

"Thanks," I say easily, hoping that he'll find somebody to love again seeing as he's just as easy to get along with as ever.

"Oh, and you can bring your friends if you like. They might enjoy birthing horses too," Finn laughs.

"They just might, we'll see," I nod, and he walks away, and I close the door again.

As I move to put the spoons down, Addison starts stirring again, and I soothe her hair as she grumbles "good morning."

"Good morning to you, sleepyhead," I can't help the big smile that's forming all over my face.

"Was that McVet?" Addison groans for me to snuggle her back into bed again.

"Yeah," I offer, not bothering to ever lie to her.

"What did he want?" Addison wonders aloud.

"To give us mango flavored ice cream, apparently," I motion towards the container.

"Ooh! Ice cream!" Addison exclaims, suddenly wide awake and excited.

"Wait, you want it for breakfast!?" I pretend to chide her.

"Only if you share it with me," Addison says charmingly, and I absolutely cannot resist her.

So Addison props herself up on some pillows, and I prop myself up leaning against her shoulder, and I open the container and let her have the first taste.

It's delicious, just like the first one, only this time it's better because I have someone to share it with.

When the container is almost all gone, I realize, idly, that Finn must have somehow known that I hadn't been alone in my room, because he'd brought up two spoons and two napkins.

****** END OF CHAPTER 29

Author's Note:

All of the appreciation for this work have been greatly appreciated! Thanks for everyone who's said how much this story means to them, and your editing suggestions are also welcome as this is a challenging format and a new one at that. Have a good one!

bobbiejelly