Chapter 17: After (9)

Author's Note:

Thanks for your participation with all the lovely comments!

Here we go!

Enjoy!

bobbiejelly

Lost & Found

Meredith Grey isn't the only one who lost her panties the night of the hospital prom. This is the story of when Derek Shepherd finds Addison Montgomery's panties in Meredith's prom dress.

Chapter 17: After (9)

MEREDITH

I'll never forget what Addison said to me after she found out that Derek found her panties in my dress pocket after the hospital prom.

"I think I wanted him to," Addison says to me.

"You wanted him to?!" I yelp at her.

"Yes, no? I think a part of me wanted him to know that I'm just as terrible as he is. And that you're just as lovely as you are," offers Addison.

"I'm not sure that's a huge compliment on my end?" I squeak.

"Well, I mean you seduced both Dr. Shepherd's within the span of an hour I think that's a skill," Addison chuckles.

"I thought you didn't like to be called that anymore?" I counter. She doesn't, I know she doesn't. She told me as much the other night.

"I don't, but I was proving a point about it at the time. Listen, Meredith... Derek and I should have been over long before prom. Long before you met him in Seattle. Long before I cheated on him with Mark. This was inevitable; we weren't happy. You set us free," Addison finally reveals to me.

"I set you both free?" I ask her.

"You set us all free," I tell her.

"Wait, who else is there?" I ask her.

"Mark, mostly. And also everyone at the hospital who has to watch us bicker all of the time," Addison adds in for good measure.

"Oh," I say, because I don't want to tell her what I know about Mark and his past relationship(?) with Derek.

"I dragged Mark into this mess, I'm glad that you coming along is getting him out of it, mostly," says Addison.

"That wasn't only your fault," I tell her, without elaborating on anything.

"It feels like it though," says Addison.

"I think you might take on a lot of things as your fault," I sigh.

"Maybe," Addison sighs.

"Probably," I sigh.

"So do you," says Addison sympathetically.

"Maybe," I sigh again.

"Probably," Addison chuckles.

"Yeah, probably," I concede.

It's these simple word and simple word conversations we can have that I'm drawn to. We don't have to speak in whole sentences but we understand each other so deeply.

I've never felt this intuitive with someone before.

Interacting with Addison is second to none.

"Meredith, I'm sorry I pushed you away," says Addison. I can hear her voice breaking over the phone, and it breaks my heart for her, even more.

"It's alright, I wanted to give you space and time," I tell her, because that's what she said she needed.

"I took space and time, and then I was too scared to get close to you again. I couldn't be around you before divorcing Derek, I can't. It's too tempting and I don't want you to be the 'other woman,' for me again!" Addison finally exclaims.