More Than A Band

In class everyone was working as usual. But Kim wasn't herself. She missed her dad a lot more than usual today. And she has those days sometimes. She raised her hand to get Deku's attention. "Yes Kimberly" he called out. "May I use the restroom" she asked. "Yes but make it quick" he said. She grabbed her phone and put it in her pocket and left the class. Dan knew she wasn't herself. "I also need to use the bathroom" he said raising his hand. "Go ahead and you also make it quick." But Dan wasn't going to use the restroom. He was going to follow her. Later down the halls he saw Kim exit the building. "What is she doing" he thought. Kim went to the bench and sat there sad. But then she started to sing. "Reach for my hand cause its held out for you. My shoulders are strong but you can cry on them to. Everything changes but one thing is true understand. We'll always be more than a band." "Wow. That was beautiful" he said revealing he was there. "Oh umm Dan. What are you doing out here?" "I knew something was up so I followed you to find out. And that was a beautiful song you sang" he said sitting next to her. "Oh umm thanks. Um that was the song my dad sang to me before he had to leave" she said looking down. "Hey look at me. Do you think your dad would want you to be sad he's not here" Dan asked. "No?" "Then don't be sad. He would want you to be the amazing person you are. Trust me on this. Ok?" "Ok." "What are you two doing out here" a deep voice said. They couldn't see where it was coming from so they got ready to fight and we're looking around. "Who are you" Kimberly asked. "Im right here Kim" Todoroki said walking over to them. "Oh phew you got us scared there for a sec" Dan said. "And I'll ask again. What are you two doing out here" Todoroki asked again. "Well umm I was getting fresh air! Yeah I was getting fresh air" Kimberly said in a nervous voice. "I can't tell your lying and I bet Dan can tell to right?" "It's ok Kim. You can tell him" Dan said putting his hand on her shoulder. "Ok." She sighed and began to spoke. "I....I miss my dad." She sniffled and continued. "He had to leave me and my mom when I was 7 months old. But the only thing I remember of him is a song." Dan and Todoroki saw a tear come down her cheek. "And...and I just want to find him and bring him home" she said starting to cry. Dan hugged her to calm her down and Todoroki did as well. "I think it's time I tell her" Todoroki thought. But then they heard something coming down. "Well well well. Looks like we have a good group of people don't you think Dabi" Toga said excited. "Let's just get this over with."