Chapter 1: This is a joke, right?

A/N: This is my first fanfiction, so please be kind! Any tips/constructive critisism is always welcome. Updates are every Wednesday. Enjoy! <3  Disclaimer: I do not own these characters only the story line.   -EmeraldLokiMalfoy

Peter Parker was sat at his desk, bored out of his mind, while he listened to his teacher drone on about countless chemical formulaes. As much as he loved science, he found that he already knew half the stuff he was being taught, whether that was due to him being a mini master-mind or working in the lab with Mr Stark he wasn't sure, but what he was sure about was the fact that he couldn't wait to get home so he could finish the Lego he had been working on. Sure he loved being Spiderman, but he had been working particulary hard on this lego piece and he couldn't wait to show Mr Stark. It may seem childish, but when Peter saw The Avengers Tower as a lego set he couldn't resist, he just had to get it, no way was he going to pass up an opportunity to impress Mr Stark. Just 15 minutes until he would be free of hectic high school life and he could be his normal lego-loving, wall-climbing self.

He was momentarily pulled out of his thoughts when the door to the class opened. Peter watched as the school counciler walked in, she looked stressed and upset considering her normal cheery personality. She scanned over the class room until her eyes landed on Peter. "Mr Parker may I please speak to you", she said. Peter was confused, what did she want? It was almost the end of the day. He nervously looked between his teacher and her no sure whether to go or not. Then Mr Lewis spoke, "Parker you may go." He slowly stood up with bag and walked towards the counciler, but not before receiving a confused look for Ned and a hard stare from MJ. "Follow me", she instructed. Peter followed her around until she reached her office. "Um..Miss? What exactly is this a-about?" Peter stuttered nervously. "You may want to take a seat", the counciler told him solemnly. Peter took a seat opposite her and figeted with his hands. "Peter, unfortunately i have some bad news to tell you". His heart dropped. "W-what is i-it?" The counciler took a deep breath and said "It's about your Aunt May, Peter". Immediately Peter looked into her eyes. "W-what is it? I-i mean i-is s-she okay? T-tell me." The woman leaned over the desk and carefully took one of Peter's hands in hers. "I'm so sorry, but earlier today your Aunt was attacked, by the time the hospital was called it was too late. I'm so sorry Peter, she's gone." Peter was frozen. He couldn't comprehend what just happened. No, his Aunt May, the woman who looked after him, raised him, gone? "No, n-no. This is a joke, right? S-s-she can't be gone." His voice cracked as tears blurred his vision. "I'm sorry Peter." She said softly. A choked sob escaped his lips. He couldn't believe it, the one person he had left was gone. Dead. Just like the rest of his family. He briefly sensed being pulled into a hug but he was too over come with grief to respond. "It's going to be okay. If you need someone to talk to I'm always here for you." But it wasn't ok. He would never see her smile again , feel her hugs or  get to tell her how much Peter appreciated all the work she did for him. The counciler pulled back and looked him in the eyes, "Listen I know this a lot to take in and I understand that. However, we will need to make a decision about your living arrangments soon. With your Aunt being your last relative, we will have to think about Foster Care." Oh God, Peter thought. He didn't even think of that, what was he going to do? He had no one left, but he didn't want to go into Foster Care. They sat their in silence for a few minutes, the only sound being the occasional sob from Peter. It had all happened so fast, one minute he was looking forward to building lego, the next he finds out his Aunt is dead. He felt so alone, so numb, he couldn't even utter a word, he couldn't do anything. The woman rose from her seat and gently placed her hand on Peter's shoulder before speaking. "I'm going to go and speak to the Principle. You may stay here while I am gone, can I get you anything?" Peter couldn't bring himself to speak so he simply shook his head in answer. The counciler nodded and left the room, leaving Peter to his own thoughts.

He sat their for what felt like forever. His whole body shaking, his mind racing with thoughts of what would happen next. What was he supposed to do? How could he go into Foster Care? He wouldn't know anyone, he wouldn't be able to survive. Peter put his head in hands as a few tears escaped his eyes. He found himself beginning to sweat nervously, tears streaming down his cheeks while he pulled his hair with his hands. Loud sobs escaped his mouth as he began to feel light headed, he couldn't even breath properly anymore. Just as Peter felt he might pass out, a vibration in his trouser pocket diverted his attension. He grabbed his phone, fully prepared to tell whoever it was who bothered him to leave him alone, until he read who it was from. Mr Stark.

Mr Stark: Hey Spiderling! Just wondering if I could call you quickly, I have some new ideas for your suit and I want to get your opinion.

Peter swallowed. He didn't know what to do, should he call Mr Stark? He was in no state to call but he didn't want to be rude. Peter quickly typed back a reply and waited for the call.

Peter: Yeah okay.

He felt his phone vibrate again and looked down to see the name Mr Stark. He cleared his throat and swiped. "H-Hey Mr S-Stark." Peter stammered slightly. "Hey Petey-Pie, how was school?", Tony replied. Oh no, thought Peter. "O-oh uh it-it was o-o-okay, yeh" Peter replied. "Right. Anyway before we discuss buisness, you still okay to come work in the Lab tomorrow? I know Aunt May can be a little hesitant on school nights." At the mention of her name Peter's eyes began to water before he could stop himself. "M-Mr Stark? I n-need t-to..", a sob left his mouth before he could stop himself. "Peter? What's wrong is everything okay?" Tony's panicked relpy came. "N-not r-really can, can y-you c-come pick m-me u-up f-rom school, p-p-please?" He sobbed into the phone. "Wait. Your still at school? Okay kid I'm coming, just hold on okay". Tony hung up before Peter could say another word. He dropped his phone on the table and sniffed, trying to get himself under control. Great, now Mr Stark was involved, what would he say? Peter closed his eyes and took a couple deap breaths but nothing seemed to stop the constant cries errupting from him. After a few minutes of silence the sound of the door opening made Peter jump straight out the chair. He turned around and saw the counciler standing their, a clipboard and pen in hand. She looked at Peter and smiled sympatheticly. "I believe there is someone here to talk to you", she stated calming. Before Peter had a chance to reply, she stepped aside to reveal Tony Stark standing behind her with a very worried look across his face.