Chapter 40: God hang in there Pete.

A/N: thank you for all the support!!

warnings: mild swearing, aftermath of violence, sad thoughts :(

Tony was loosing his mind with worry, his Peter had been gone for 24 hours and he had no idea where he could possibly be, all he had was name.

William Davidson.

He hadn't sleep in forever but how could he? How could he sleep knowing his precious son was in danger, god knows where and possibly hurt?! Maybe...maybe even..no. He wasn't going to think like that. There was still hope.

Steve and the others had also been helping, all of them constantly asking for updates from the Shield Agents that were also on the look out. Tony had already notified the team on his suspicians about Mr Wilson and he had many people already on the case.

But it was almost impossible, there were no signs that could lead to an answer, they couldn't trace any phones in the area, hell they didn't even know where they should be looking! But he would never give up, not until he had Peter back safe and sound in his arms.

"Hey Tony? We might have found something." Bruce called, immediately grabbing the other mans attention.

"What? What is it?" he asked, rushing over to where Bruce was examinning a piece of...cloth?

"Give me a moment..." the scientist trailed of, moving to scribble something down on a piece of paper. "The agents found this," he gestured to he fabric, "in Peter's room, it's taken me awhile but I managed to make full hypothesis and you might want to hear this."

"I found traces of GHB soaked into it, it causes the person who takes it to fall asleep quicker or, pass out. My theroy is, whoever has taken Peter, Davidson or not, used this as a way to catch him."

Tony sat down heavily in his chair, his brain processing all the information he had just been fed by Bruce. "I have a weird feeling about this."

Tony looked at Bruce who had his 'thinking' expression on. "However did this, it almost seems like they left it there on purpose, like a clue for us to follow."

He nodded and leaned forward to take a closer inspection, "How about you use a blue light? There might be a hidden message or something." Tony suggested, the likely hood of that being true was slim to none but at this point he was willing to try anything.

"Alright, but please atleast get some sleep." Bruce suggested, before leaving the room, taking the fabric with him.

"God, hang in there Pete." he whispered before rubbing at his itchy and swollen eyes, red from cyring, before leaving the room.

Maybe a quick nap would do him good.

***

One last hard kick to his stomach sent more blood spurting from his mouth, dribbling down his chin and running down onto his shirt. Peter gasped as his lungs fought for breath, the continuous pain finally coming to an end. The men left soon after, but not before forcing some stale bread down his throat, the first piece of food the boy had had in what felt like days, it was especially hard with his abilities.

He was pretty sure he felt a broken, or at least cracked, rib in his left side and his head was pounding with every slight movement he made.

He had no hope left, clearly Tony didn't care, or never did, and the Avengers probably didn't care either, not that he blamed any of them. He couldn't bring himself to care, no-one would miss him if he ever came out of this alive.

He felt like he was loosing a part of himself, with every hour that passed he felt the part of him that made him who he was, slowly disappear. He was Peter Parker, he was Spiderman, he should be brave and fight and get out of this alive, but he couldn't, he didn't have the passion.

For the first time in along time, he cried for May. He cried for her, his Aunt who was taken away from him when he wasn't ready. She taught him to be the person he is, or who he was, no matter what happened to him she was always there to build him back up. And she was gone, he thought his Dad would be there forever but again, gone.

The tears didn't stop, they continued for along time until he physically couldn't cry anymore. He felt exhausted by the end of it, emotionally and physically drained from everything he was feeling and experiencing. He closed his eyes and forced his body to relax, trying to take a break from reality.

***

Bruce came back later that day with a major beak through. "Tony I found something." he announced, clearing the coffee table that Tony, Loki, Steve, Bucky and Rhodey were sat around. "What is it?" he asked, focusing on the cloth that was once again in the scientists hand.

"I used a blue light and I found a number, I think it might be a phone number." Bruce placed the cloth down and shined the light on it, revealing the number that was there. "Holy shit.." Bucky whispered, "We need to call it."

"Is it going to be safe? What if this is rigged and we put Peter in even more danger?" Steve worried, glancing nervously at Tony, who had been quiet up to this point.

"Let's do it." he said. "Tony, I think maybe we should jus-"

"Bruce my kid is in danger and we have a number, which could possibly help find him and you think I'm not going to do it because I could endanger myself? No way." Bruce kept quiet after that but still watched on with an anxious gaze. Tony ignored him and grabbed is phone out of his back pocket, hands shaking slightly in anticipation.

He typed in the number and glanced at everyone else before pressing the green button and letting the phone ring...

A moment passed, it only took two rings before the person on the other end picked up.

"I've been waiting for this call...Mr Stark."