Chapter 46: I-i-I d-don't k-know

Peter slowly blinked open his eyes and he layed still for a moment. His brain took awhile to process what was happening but when it did he immediately felt the hand in his hair the (what felt like) shoulder cushioning his head. His eyes shot open fully and he jerked, sitting up roughly and scrambling away from whoever it was in fear.

There something on his foot and he looked down to see a cast on it, that hadn't been there before and it freaked him out. His heart raced as he crawled backwards until his back hit something, in fear of what would happen he cowered, covering his head with his arms protectively.

"Hey, shh Pete, it's me. I'm not going to hurt you." A familiar voice soathed him, he peaked cautiously through his arms and looked to see Tony, when he saw the man everything came flooding back. Tony, his Dad, had saved him. He was safe.

Peter slowly lowered his arms and reached out his hand towards Tony, who held it carefully. "I'm sorry." he whispered crawling over to the man and into his arms.

"Shh, it's okay, don't worry."

The boy let himself relax into his Dad's familar embrace, it had been so long since he had had that kind of comfort. The whole time he was there he prayed that Tony would come and rescue him, whisk him away and promise everything would be okay, and that dream came true.

They stayed like that for awhile until the door opened and Bruce stepped in. "Just came to check you're healing alright Peter, may I take a look?"

Now that he thought about he really did feel better, his ankle felt numb and he couldn't even feel his broken nose or the cut on his head. He let Bruce check him and waited patiently for it to be over, once he got the all clear the scientist left and Tony put on Star Wars for him to watch.

Being back was definitly strange, having been trapped in a chair for three days Peter did feel out of place in the large Tower again. He had forgotten what it was like to have a bed, water, food and kind people who cared, it felt so foreign yet familar. What upset him the most was what his former 'teacher' had done to him, making him believe that his Dad didn't care.

But part of the anger and resent was directed to himself, Peter couldn't believe how naieve he had been believeing the lie and thinking that Tony would betray him. He felt guilt for the man when he came to save him and refused, refused because he believed his own DAD didn't care. If only he had known what kind of people he was dealing with he would have figured it out, but he was weak and what more could he believe?

Now that he thought about it, he remembered the injection he had recieved. Did Bruce know? Did he figure it out? He fidgeted with his hands as panic began to fill him, he had been frightened at the time but now he was petrified, what was in it? Why was it injected into him?

"Pete?" The boy looked at Tony who was staring at him with confusion and worry, Peter only just realised his body was shaking slightly in fear.

"I-i-I d-don't k-know I-" Before he could finish, his airway was somehow blocked and he found it impossible to breath, he choked and gasped, hands latching onto his neck to stop the invisible force.

He could hear Tony saying his name, calling Bruce, but his vision was fading fast, his lungs felt like they were about to explode and his body was heavy.

In one last choke his lands dropped from his neck and his eyes rolled backwards, his body falling into Tony's arms, his hands hanging limply off the bed...

A/N: so...you got detention. *disappointed steve face*