Chapter 17: It still hurts.

A/N: This one is sad :( BUT I have some really interesting ones coming up so stay tuned!!  -EmeraldLokiMalfoy

side note: this chapter takes place a few days after Chapter 16

The sun shone through Peters curtains, the light rousing him from his sleep. He opened his eyes and immediately knew what day it was.

He hated to admit it but he had been counting down the days, counting down the hours, until this day arrived. It had been a week. A week since he lost May. He had honestly thought it wouldn't effect him, he'd wake up the same and feel the same, but clearly he was wrong.

Peter had a sick feeling in his stomach, his body felt heavy and his head hurt like hell. He rolled over to check the time, 8:37am. He knew Tony wouldn't wake him until atleast 9:30am so he had time to sort through his thoughts.

As much as he didn't want to have to face anyone he knew it was inevitable. Tony would surely notice and come check on him, Clint wouldn't have anyone to play video games with and Loki would wonder why he didn't join him at breakfast.

Peter grabbed his phone and checked his messages, he half hoped that there would be a missed call from May, or text saying she was busy and she would she him soon. He felt the tears prickle in his eyes as he scrolled through his camera roll and found a picture of him and May.

It was the day they went to the Zoo, he knew that May had been saving up for weeks to afford tickets for both of them but it was the best trip he had ever been on. It was taken by the giraffes, both them smiling widely as they held ice creams in their hands.

He let out a few sobs as his tears began to soak his pillow, after all this time she was just, gone, taken by the hands of a heartless man. Peter brought the phone up to his face and gently kissed the photo of them both, the words 'I love you' going unsaid.

He set his phone down and sat up, rubbing his face in an attempt to erase the evidence of tears. Scanning the room, he noticed his hoodie lying on the back of his desk chair, reluctantly, he stood up and went to pull it on over his head.

Peter relished in the feeling of comfort for a few minutes before he went to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, he realised how bad he looked, his hair was a mess, there were dark bags under his eyes, and his face seemed more pale than usual.

He splashed cold water on his face and leaned on the sink with his elbows holding him up, and he let go. He let everything go, he let everything he had been bottling up out, no longer caring if anyone noticed his blotchy cheeks, or dried tear tracks. His gut-wrenching sobs filled the bathroom as he slowly sunk down to floor, unable to support himself any longer.

The boy began to hit the floor repeatly with his fist, anger flooding through him while he continued to cry. He cried out for his parents, his Uncle and his Aunt. Peter had never felt so upset, broken, yet angry all at once.

Eventually his body grew weak and he resounded to crying softly, curled in a ball on the bathroom floor. He vaguely registered someone calling his name and only realised it was Tony when the man entered the bathroom.

"Mr Stark..." he said, his voice cracking. The man wasted no time in kneeling down next to the boy and pulling him into his arms. He didn't say a word just let the boy cry.

It seemed like hours until Peter was able to stop crying, even then he still clinged to Tony, whimpering ever few minutes. At some point he felt the man lift him into his arms and carry him back to his bed, where he layed down looking up at Tony. "You can stay here buddie." he said softly while running his hand through the boys hair.