Chapter 51: Please be okay.

Tony helped Peter stand and they steadily followed Bruce to Loki's room. The man wanted to stop a few times to let the boy rest but he was adimant that he could walk perfectly fine.

"It's this one." Bruce said, stopping outside a door and opening it.

Peter peered around and his eyes widened when he spotted Loki on the bed. He was lying motionless, his face white as a sheet with a few fresh cuts on it, the rest of him was covered with a thin duvet. "Oh God.." he murmed.

He let go of Tony and stumbled over to the bed, reaching out a hand to clutch at the mans one while he sat down beside him. Tony walked forward and silently placed an arm around his shoulder when Peter began to cry softly, Bruce leaving the room to give them privacy.

"Please be okay." The boy whispered, leaning down to rest his head on Loki's shoulder while bitting his lips in attempt to stop his sobs.

They stayed like that for awhile, Peter next to Loki while Tony just rubbed his shoulder sympathetically. Eventually the boys crying stopped and Tony realised he had fallen asleep, curled into Loki's side while still holding his hand.

He debated waking him but Bruce did say to rest and he figured Peter wouldn't want to leave the room anyway, so instead he grabbed the chair in the corner and took a seat.

***

Peter was walking, he was walking along a path that lead up to his apartment that he lived in with May.

He made it to the door but all of a sudden a huge explosion sounded, knocking him to the ground. The boy hauled himself up and gasped in horror when he saw May's body lying next to him, her hand holding his Uncle Ben's.

Horror filled him and tears began to prickle in the corners of his eyes, "No.." he whispered.

He turned to run for help but instead saw Tony and Loki's bodies lying there, pools of blood surrounding them. Peter fell to his knees in a sobbing mess, crawling forward to shake the God's shoulder before his Dad's.

"N-no, d-don't be gone..please p-please c'mon, w-wake up-p." he cried.

A huge piece of wood broke off the tree and Peter gasped, he quickly moved his arms to protect his head and braced for the impact.

It got closer and closer, he held his breath and-

Peter sat up sharply, his breathing uneven and his body drenched in a cold sweat. It took him a moment to realise it was only a nightmare, he glanced around and spotted Tony fast asleep in a chair.

The boy looked back at the bed and almost jumped out his skin when he saw Loki staring back at him.

"L-loki?" he asked uncertainly, moving forward to grab his hand while the man reached one up to run it through the boys curls.

"Are you quite alright child?" he asked softly, making sure not to wake Tony who was still fast asleep, clearing undesturbed by Peter's awakening.

"Y-yeah, are you?"

"Don't worry about me. I haven't seen you in awhile. I...missed you." Loki said, looking away in slight embarrassment.

"I missed you too. But I'm so sorry about the mission, it was probably my fault since they wanted me but wanted to hurt you and now they did do that I-"

"Hush young one, I am perfectly alright, now I have the strength to heal myself." He stated calmly.

"That's good. I'm glad you're okay." Peter smiled and rested back down next to the man, feeling alot more relaxed and at ease.

He watched silently as the man closed his eyes, whispered a few words; white light incasing his body for a moment. Then it disappeared and Loki easily got out the bed and stretched, not a hint of injury on him.

"Woah." Peter murmed in awe.

He sat back down on the bed and looked at the boy fondly, "You must be exhausted."

"Kind of." Peter muttered, he hadn't really had a good sleep in awhile, and being in a coma didn't count.

"Sleep child, do not fear I will be here when you wake." Loki promised, smiling as Peter settled down on the bed and closed his eyes.

The boy still holding the mans hand tightly.

***

Tony awakened later that day and smiled when he saw Peter, who was sleeping peacefully next to Loki who was...sitting up reading?

"Loki?"

The man looked up at his voice, "Good afternoon."

"You're..you're, awake?" He asked, extremely confused by the whole situation.

"It would seem so." Loki put down his book and crossed his hands in his lap.

Tony sat up properly and a comfortable silence settled in the room.

"So, has he been asleep this whole time?" Tony ventured.

"Woke up. Nightmare I think but he went back to sleep pretty quickly."

"Nighmare? Was he alright?" Tony asked, eyes widening slightly in panic.

"Yes, it seemed so." The God sighed and closed his eyes, leaning so his back rested against the wall.

"Thank you." Tony said after a moment.

Loki cracked his eye open and stared at him for a moment. "For what?"

"Being there for him, he needs you more than you realise and I appreciate that."

The man smiled slightly and nodded his head, another silence resting.

A/N: honestly you are all amazing.

and before anyone asks...

NO THIS IS NOT LOKI/PETER thingy its's like uncle and nephew.

please no <3.