Chapter 6: Yes!

A/N: Again, thank you so much for all the reads it literally makes my day but anyways here is Chapter 6!! This is quite a long one! Hope you enjoy. -EmeraldLokiMalfoy
warning: panic attack :(
Today Peter was going back to the apartment, back to where he spent his last few moments with May, back to where he had grown up. After talking with Mr Stark he felt as though they both understood eachother better, Tony had experienced loss before and knew how hard it was, Peter was trying his best and that was all the mattered. Now was the hard part. Saying goodbye.

He had already eaten that morning, well, taken a few bites of his toast, and gotten ready. Tony had told him that he could go whenever he was ready but Peter knew he had to go at some point. He tried to style his hair but gave up quite quickly and headed down to the living room where Tony was waiting. The man was sat down working on his Starkpad when Peter appeared. "Oh, hey kid you ready?" he asked once he noticed the boy. "Yeah" Peter replied before following Tony out to the car.

***

The car ride was quiet with little to no talking, Peter was too busy preparing himself for this visit to engage in any conversation. No matter how hard he tried he just couldn't get the thought out his head that by leaving the apartment for good, it was like he was leaving May for good, forgetting about her. He still couldn't believe she was gone, sometimes he had to remind himself that she was gone for good, not on holiday and it broke his heart over and over again.

"Alright, we're here Pete." he heard Mr Stark say. He silently got out the car and followed the man towards the front door. Tony opened it and they both stepped inside.

***

Tony was nervous to bring Peter back to his apartment so soon after the tragedy, he wanted to make sure Peter was ready. But, they had to go at some point and its better to go sooner rather than later.

Once they got inside Tony allowed Peter some time alone to collect his things and say goodbye. As much as he wanted to be by the boys side, he knew that he had to give him space. While Peter went to his room, Tony sat down and checked his phone looking at any recent messages. He had quite a few from the Avengers, he had completely forgotten about contacting them about their mission. He sent a few replies before he turned to see Peter standing there with a box full of legos, pillows, blankets and other random things. He shifted from foot to foot before speaking. "Can-can I g-get some o-other things like furniture?" he asked. Tony was confused, did the kid feel he had to ask for everything he wanted to take? "Of course kiddie, like the chair?" he asked, seeing the boy gaze at the small scruffy chair in the corner of the room. "O-oh yeah, i-if thats ok." Peter replied as he walked over to the chair.

Tony sighed and knelt down in front of Peter so he would look in his eyes. "Look buddie, I know this is hard but if there is anything you need, like the chair, then all you have to do is say okay? So, if there is anything you want to take then just tell me and we can make arrangements to have it delievered." he said smiling. Peter nodded and started to gather up a few more things.

***

By the time Peter had finished collecting his stuff, it was already 3:00pm, they had been there for almost 4 hours. He felt bad since all Mr Stark did was sit there but he had promised Peter multiple times he didn't mind. They loaded the boxes full of his things into the car and Tony made a few calls about transporting the furnitiure to the Tower before driving back home. Home. This would be Peters new home, Mr Stark would be his family. He smiled slightly thinking about that, of course he was missing Aunt May terribly, but a little part of him felt excited about getting to be around Tony more.

Once they arrived back home, they spent some time sorting through his old things, adding them to his bedroom while discussing what to eat. (It was only then that Peter realised how hungry he was). "We could have..Mc Donalds?" Tony asked while placing a picture of Peter and May on the bedside table. "Yeah that sounds nice." he replied before adding, "As long as I can get an ice ream?" Peter said while using his puppy dog eyes. Tony tried to resist but eventually gave in, "Fiiiinnnneeeee. I guess we can get ice cream." he said while pretending to look annoyed. Peter laughed, for the first time since he lost May he actually laughed. Tony smiled and ruffled his hair while walking out to go and order the food.

Peter finished organising his room and quickly sent a text to Ned and MJ to let them know he was ok, he had already gotten multiple messages asking where he had been.

Peter: Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to text, some stuff has happened.

Ned: Dude it's ok I heard what happened I'm so sorry.

MJ: Yeah I'm sorry too, I hope you're doing good.

Peter: Yeah it's been hard. Anyway food is about to arrive talk later.

Ned: Bye.

MJ: Talk later loser.

He sighed and headed out to the kitchen to eat dinner with Mr Stark.

***

Once they had finished he and Tony went to the living room to sit down for a bit. "Hey Pete, can I talk to you about something?" Peter instantly grew nervous, why would he want to talk? And what about? "U-umm y-yeah go ahead." he stuttered out nervously. "So, I know you are currently living with me and that's ok, but we need to talk about your future and where you will be staying." Peter feel his heart quicken in pace, this was it, Tony was going to send him to live with some strangers. He suddenly felt as though he couldn't breath properly his eyes watered as he tried to fill his lungs with air. He felt something strong and safe engulf him, slowly his breathing came back under control. It was then that he noticed he was in Mr Starks arms and he was running his hand soothingly through his hair while whispering comforting words. "Shh, shh, buddie it's ok, you're safe, I'm here." Peter let out a whimper and buried his head in the mans neck.

"Hey, it's ok, what happened buddie?" he said. "I-i-i d-don't k-know, I-i t-thought you w-were g-gonna send m-me a-away." he cried while curling more into his arms. Tony pulled him closer, "No, no of course not I was actually going to ask about you staying here. Permanently, but I mean it's ok if you don't want to I would totally underst-" Before he could finish Peter flung himself full force at Tony and whispered over and over again, "Yes, yes, I'd love to stay here." Tony smiled and whispered back, "Ok. And don't worry, I'm not sending you away. Ever." Peter smiled and pulled back to look at Tony, "Thank you." Tony smiled before saying, "I think this calls for a move night." The boy nodded and they settled down to watch Star Wars.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!! Also wanted to mention I don't know much about panic attacks so if I got it wrong please let me know. <3