Chapter 10: You could have died!

A/N: Here is the next part! It is quite sad so sorry :(  Also follow me on insta for regular updates and exclusive content: emeraldlokimalfoy  -EmeraldLokiMalfoy

warnings: literally one swear word, a tiny bit of violence

"Mr Rogers is in the gym." Friday replied. Without another word, Peter left his room and headed down to the gym. He was practically running by the time he arrived, he stopped outside the door and took a few deep breaths before entering.

Steve was just finishing up his push ups when he saw Peter walk in, "Hey." he said causually while getting up to get a drink. He frowned when he recieved no respone and turned to see the boy staring at him with a very upset expression on his face, a mixture between anger and sadness. "Everything okay?" he asked hesitantly.

"No. Nothing is okay. How could you do that to Tony? How could you beat him up like that and leave him to die?" Peter started shouting, "He trusted you. He trusted you so much and you just threw all of it away like it meant nothing." A look of understanding passed over Steves face as he focused his gaze on the ground as the boy continued to shout. "I thought that Captain America was suppose to do what was right, I thought you were supposed to do what was right. I admired you, all my life I looked up to all the Avengers including you and now I found out you did this to the man who was there for me when no-one else was! You betrayed his trust and you have betrayed mine." he said. "L-look I'm s-sorry I didn't me-" "You're sorry? Sorry that you turned your back on Mr Stark when he needed you most, sorry that you tried to kill him, or sorry that he has to put up with seeing you, hell, living with you knowing what you did!?" he yelled. All the while Steve stood there looking at the ground, nothing but shame expressed on his facial features.

Peter stood their tears filling his eyes as he watched the man who hurt his mentor look shameful. He walked up to him and looked him in the eyes and said in a deadly tone, "Don't you ever try to hurt Mr Stark again." before swiftly punching Steve in the jaw, sending him to the ground where he held his mouth in pain. Just as he turned around to leave, the door opened revealing Mr Stark.

***

Tony had spent the day in the lab with Peter, apart from the painful conversation they had had earlier that day, he was feeling happy. He checked the time realising it had been a few hours since he had eaten. 8:10pm. "Shit" he whispered, the kid was probably starving. "Fri, ask Peter if he is hungry." There was a slight pause before she responded. "Boss, Peter appears to be busy in the gym." Tony frowned, in the gym? Since when did Peter work out? "Pull up footage" he said, not thinking much of it.

He looked up to see a very angry looking Peter yelling at Steve. It appeared they had been there awhile considering the things Peter was saying, "-all my life I looked up to all the Avengers including you and now I found out you did this to the man who was there for me when no-one else was!" Then the whole situation dawned on Tony, Peter was talking about what happened in Germany. "-turned your back on Mr Stark when he needed you most, sorry that you tried to kill him, or sorry that he has put up with seeing you, hell, living with you knowning what you did!?" Tony jumped from his seat and raced down towards the gym, he did not want this to happen.

He rushed to the door and heard a loud thump from the otherside, he opened it to see Steve on the floor while Peter had tears in his eyes while looking at him.

***

Peter gulped and looked at Mr Stark. "What is going on?" he demanded. Before anything else transpired Peter ran out the door and up to his bedroom where he fell to the floor sobbing. He couldn't believe what he had done, he had let his anger get the best of him, sure everything he said was true but he didn't intend to physcially hurt him. He cried because he felt pain, he cried because he could have lost Mr Stark, he cried because he missed May, he cried because he had been strong for to long. "Oh Pete" he heard someone say before he was yet again being pulled into someones arms. He knew it was Tony and almost immediately wrapped his arms around his neck while he continued to cry. "Oh kid, you didn't have to do that, it's not a big deal nothing bad would have happe-" "Because you could have died!" Peter yelled cutting Tony off, then in a much more broken voice, "You could have died, I could have lost you and that can't happen because i don't know what I would do if you were gone Mr Stark." he said before sobbing even harder.

Tony found himself crying aswell. He didn't know how much Peter would have suffered had he not survived. He pulled the boy closer so he was effectivley in the mans lap while pressing kisses to his forehead. "Shh, it's okay, i'm not going anywhere, i've got you sweetheart." he whispered. He didn't even know where the pet name came from but it felt right, it felt right to say to this broken boy who deserves the world. He began to softly sing the words to a song he had heard Peter listening to a while ago, when May was alive.

Cause it's to cold,
for you here,
and now, so let me hold,
both your hands in the holes of my sweater.

This seemed to calm the boy as he slowly felt Peter relax against him until he heard his breathing even out. He carefully picked the boy up and layed him down in his bed while tucking him in. Tony decided to stay the night, alot had happened and he wanted to make sure the kid was okay when he woke up, and he felt a sense of comfort when he ran his hands through the boys curls.

A/N: Song: Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood