Chapter 35: I know it's awsome!

The next morning Peter woke up feeling refreshed and energised, after his call with Tony he was felt less homesick and more excited for the days ahead of him. Mr Wilson had informed them that they were going to a science musuem that day and the fair tomorrow, Peter and Ned were practically bursting with adrenaline.

"It's still crazy that we're actually here! Like, us, out of all people invited on this super duper awesome exclusive trip, it's sureal." Peter listened to Ned as he packed his bag for the day, he loved his friend and all but he had the same problem he did, once he was talking you couldn't get him to stop. "I know it's awesome!" he replied before he started to think about home. He only realised he had zoned out when Ned shook his shoulder, saying something about being late for breakfast before rushing off, the boy following closley behind.

Thankfully they made it there just in time, both grabbing a bite to eat before Mr Wilson announced they would leaving. Peter grabbed 2 more cereal bars incase he was hungry later before following his classmates to the bus, smiling when he noticed the significant black car that belonged to Happy. When the teacher turned his back he gave a small wave, almost a second later his phone pinged and he opened the message.

Happy: I would wave back but that might look creepy.

Peter: I'll take your word for it.

Happy always did so much for him, he understood why Tony was so trusting in the man, he quickly put his phone away and caught up with Ned and the others, eager to see what the museum had in store for him.

***

"So you really have no leads? None at all?" Tony asked for what was probably the tenth time in the span of 2 minutes.

"No Mr Stark I'm sorry, we have no witness' or any records sighed to find out who Mr Davidson really is." The woman on the phone apologised. Tony sighed and threw one of the papers in his hand across the room in frustration.

"Alright, alright that's fine just..let me know if anything pops up?"

"Of course." He hung up the phone and sat back in the chair, closing his eyes. It was becomming harder and harder for anyone to keeps tabs on Davidson, with his new identity it was almost impossible to track his location, he was starting to regret letting Peter go but he knew Happy was there and he trusted Happy with his life.

"Hey Tony? We just made lunch if you want to join us." Steve popped his head round the door to look at the man. "Not hungry." he muttered.

"Look Tony," Steve stepped into the room "I know this is hard, but you can't help find this man if you don't eat, we all want to help but we can't if you don't look after yourself."

Tony sighed but begrudgingly nodded his head and dragged himself out the chair, maybe some food would do him good.

***

Chatter erupted amogst the small group of people as they arrived at the museum, with his enhanced hearing Peter could hear almost every mumble or whisper, it was slightly annoying sometimes. Still, he pushed through and when they made it to the reception he relished in the slightly more hushed setting.

"Alright guys, if you'll follow me I'll get us our tickets and then you're free to go." Mr Wilson said, walking over to the desk to grab them.

Ned and Peter looked at he huge dinosaur skeleton that was presented at the entrance while they waited, when he thought about it Peter had never been to a science museum before. May had taken him to Natural History ones before but never anything science related, it was interesting to see new places.

"Alright I will split you guys into groups of 4 so...Ned, Peter, Thomas and Kayla in one group then you 4 in the other." He said, "Make sure you arrive back at 4pm and go through the door that says science exhibition." Everyone dispersed into their selected groups and made their way to the entrance, quietly chatting.

***

So far the musuem was going amazing, Peter and Ned spent half the time they had trying out the experiments and talking to the member of staffs about certain topics. They only stopped briefly for lunch before finishing off looking around just in time to leave.

It was only then did Peter realise he hadn't texted Tony all day, god he was so stupid sometimes.

Peter: Sorry for not texting but the museum was super fun!!! Miss you :)

There wasn't an instant response but he assumed the man was busy, hopefully sleeping but this was Tony Stark he was talking about.

He and Ned shuffled onto the bus to go back to the hotel, it was a normal meal that night however tomorrow he was looking forward the fancy one, maybe because he wanted to wear the suit but why shouldn't he be? It would be his first time wearing a proper one and he couldn't wait to video call his Dad about it.

***

Tony sighed in relief when the familar sound of phone buzzing echoed through the lab knowing it was Peter. He hated to admit it but he was slightly concerned when he didn't recieve a message from the boy that morning, they hadn't decided on a regular texting scheduele but he was disappointed when Peter hadn't sent him a good morning text.

"Friday read out the message." he said, finishing up the email he was writing.

"Message from Spiderbaby: Sorry for not texing but the museum was super fun!! Miss you." she replied, while also projecting the message for the man to see. Tony smiled at the contact name, he had always had that as Peter's name in his phone, even when he had only just met him. It was a joke at first, another one of his silly nicknames he loved to give people, but he knew that after time he slowly started to think of Peter as his Spiderbaby.

And now he was.

In the next 10 minutes he managed to finish the next plan for his meeting and straight after he grabbed his phone to call Peter.

A/N: Sorry this is short and not very interesting I've been very busy at school and now teachers are giving homework! I also have been getting alittle bit of writers block, DON'T WORRY IM NOT STOPPING THIS STORY I'm just finding it harder to write! HOWEVER the next few chapter are gonna be great I promise!!

Once again so sorry for the excuses I'm hoping to spend my weekend getting my act together! Stay safe! <3