Chapter 20: You didn't have to come.

A/N: We do be getting alittle more intense... -EmeraldLokiMalfoy

When Peter woke up he felt weird, looking around, he noticed Mr Stark sat on his bed looking at his phone. Wasn't he supposed to be away? Then everything came flooding back, the nightmare, wanting Tony, calling him Dad.

His face burned a bright red at that last thought, he couldn't believe he had said that and acted so childish. "Hey kid, you awake?" the man said, running his hands through the boys hair. "No." he replied, sitting up to hug Tony. "Hey, what's this for?" the man asked.

"You didn't have to come. I was just being stupid." he whispered. "Pete, having nightmare isn't stupid, even I get them. Plus, I would rather be here making sure you're okay, than at some shitt-I mean dumb meeting." he said, holding the boy close. "Thank you." Peter said.

***

"Ughhh..." Peter groaned, as he flooped down onto the sofa next to Loki who was reading. "Why the long face?" the God said without looking up. "To much stress..everything that's been happening..why can't I just have a normal life?" he whined, resting his head on the mans shoulder.

"Don't worry, one day you will be able to look back on everything...and get revenge." Loki said smirking, putting an arm around the boy. "Hey, you better not corrupt his mind or i'll kill you." Tony said, walking in and sitting down. "I'd like to see you try...go on Stark, I dare you." the God said, a challenging glint in his eye.

"You know, maybe I'll pass, hand that job over to Thor." Tony replied, smiling at the disguisted look on the Gods face. "Oh please, Thor couldn't beat me if he tried." Loki said, going back to his book, "Now shut up i'm reading." "Wow you're so-" Loki made a zipping-motion over his mouth before turning away.

Peter laughed at the childish behaviour, it was times like this he truly felt happy, a part of something. "Hey! Peter gets to laugh but doesn't get threatened!" the man protested, which caused the boy to laugh harder. "The young child is a special exception." he said. "Charming." Tony said, "Glad to see im so treasured by people."

"You are treasured, that's why i'm planning on burrying you underground." the God continued. "Oh, Burn!" yelled Scott from the kitchen. The shocked look on Tonys face was priceless, Peter bursted into a laughing fit, barely able to contain himself. The moment lasted only a few seconds before Tonys phone started to buzz.

He picked up, "Hello? Stark speaking." Peter couldn't here the otherside of the call but assumed it was bad by look on Tonys face and how he walked out the room. Weird, he thought.

***

The call that Tony had recieved was not a good one, it was very bad. Originally, when Peter had told Tony about the dream, he had suspected that it someone who was part of a group who didn't like him, being so big and famous, he had definitley had his fair share of haters.

What he hadn't expected was for it to be someone he knew, someone who had worked for him before...

"Yes, hello Mr Stark, we are calling with details of May Parkers case. We believe we have found our suspect." At that Tony was immediately interested, maybe they were closer to ending this all. "Yes, continue."

"Well, Mays body has been examined and the cause of death is by bullet to the head. Along with that we have also discovered multiple finger prints, which, we have been able to identify."

"Who do the finger printes belong to?"

"Well, we have taken the DNA and it matchs to a man named William Davidson. He was an ex-shield worker and I believe he also worked for you."

That made Tonys blood run cold, William had tried to for an internship before but he had denied it. He was creepy and Tony always felt on edge around him. "Y-yeah he did." he managed to stutter out.

"He has recently been associating with a group of people against Stark Industries which would explain why he did what he did. However, where are currently unaware of his whereabouts so we suggest you and Mr Parker are careful of who you trust and who you associate with." the women said.

"Yeah, of course. Is there anything else we need to know about?"

"I believe that is it, of course, if there is anything else we will be sure to update you."

"Thank you." he said, hanging up. He couldn't believe they had found a name. William Davidson, with research they should hopefully be able to find him and everything would okay again.

***

"Hey Pete, can I talk to you for a second?" Peter turned around to see Tony poking his head round the door to the living room. "Sure." he replied, confused, but stood up and followed him out.

"Listen, I just got a call from one of the investigators and they have some news." he started, watching closely for the boys reaction. "O-okay, what's the news?" Peter replied.

"They have fingerprints, and a name, they think they know who the killer is."

Peter froze, they had found the man? The man who had killed his Aunt? "Who is i-it?"

"His name is William Davidson. They aren't sure of his whereabouts however, we are being told to be wairy of people we trust." Peter nodded, still in shock of what he heard.

"I promise you I will keep you safe, no matter what, okay? We won't stop until that man gets what he deserves." Tony said, pulling him into a hug. "Okay." the boy whispered, knowing he would do the same for Tony in a heartbeat.