Chapter 52: Dad?

A/N: here ya go

The next day Peter was already getting better, Bruce was working with Tony to try and figure out what the injection he was given was for while the boy was sitting with everyone in the living room, Steve making sure he had a pillow to support his ankle.

"How're you feeling?" Bucky asked, switching on the TV to find something to watch.

"Okay I guess, it feels weird to be back here again." He shifted uncomfortably as if to prove him point.

"You want anything to eat? Bruce told you eat and drink alot." Clint suggested.

"No thanks, honestly guys I'm fine can we just...have a movie night? Like before?" He said, looking at them all with pleading eyes.

"Sure kid." Steve said, "What do you want to watch?"

"Star Wars?"

They all chuckled and the man put the movie on, everyone moving to surround Peter as the classic theme tune began to play.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"I've got it!"

Those were probably the most reassuring and comforting words Tony had hear all day. He and Bruce had spent the entiraty of the morning looking at different possibilities that could have been what the injection Peter had been given was for.

"What?" he asked, rushing over to the microscope his friend was peering through.

"I figured it out." Bruce pulled away and looked at Tony with slight fear in his eyes.

"Tell me." Tony insisted, the pause not helping his nerves.

"Whoever did this used some extreme chemicals, combinations that I've never seen before. But from what I've seen-"

He took a moment to flick through his notes.

"They stopped his enhanced senses and spiderman senses from working properly."

***

The movie finished a little while later and Peter was slowly nodding off on Bucky's shoulder. He looked up at the sound of the door opening and smiled when he saw Tony and Bruce, but it faltered when he noticed their grim expressions.

"Dad?" he asked, sitting up.

The man looked at him and his face softened slightly, he walked towards the boy and ran a hand through his curls.

"Hey bud, how're you feeling?"

Peter shrugged, leaning more into the affection. "I'm okay."

"Bruce needs to run a few tests, you wanna do them now and get them over with?" The boy nodded and Tony helped him, slowly taking him back towards the medical room he was still staying in with Bruce following behind.

"Lay down Pete, it'll be over in a moment." Peter nodded and layed down on the bed, looking at Tony.

"You've been okay lately?" The man asked.

"Sure, I mean..it's a bit weird but I'm slowly getting use to it." Tony nodded and kissed his head while Bruce started to run the tests.

A few minutes passed and the man was done, he turned back towards them with a grim expression.

"I was right. The injection stopped his powers."

"W-what?" Peter's face went pale and stared at the scientist with the upmost fear written all over his face.

"Tony...Peter doesn't have his powers anymore."