Chapter 5: Can't you just leave me alone?

A/N: Here is Chapter 5, enjoy! -EmeraldLokiMalfoy

The next time Peter woke up he was laying down in his bed in the tower. It took him a few seconds to remember what he was doing there but once he did he had to wipe his eyes before he started tearing up. It would be his first day without May. This was going to hard. As Peter was about to get up he heard a knock at the door before it opened revealing Tony standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Hey kid, you want to get some breakfast?" he said. Peter debated it for a second, he really didn't want to eat, he felt guilty to eat while May was gone. Shouldn't he just be sad and not do anything? But then not eating would only bother Mr Stark more, he was already a burden to him and didn't want to make his life any harder than it already was. So eventually he settled for a nod, not trusting his voice just yet. Tony looked reasonably happy with his answer, "Ok i'll get some lucky charms bud, come eat when you're ready." He ruffled the boys hair before heading back out to the kitchen.

Peter sighed and headed towards the bathroom. He looked in the mirror and noticed how awful he looked. There were dried tear tracks down his face, his cheeks were all red and blotchy, and to top it all off his hair looked like a birds nest. He quickly splashed some cool water on his face which woke him up and attempted to flatten his hair, but eventually gave up. Taking one last look at himself, Peter walked back out into his room and out towards the kitchen.

***

Tony knew that today was going to be hard. Peter hadn't even said a word yet this morning and he didn't have much hope for the rest of the day. He poured the cereal out and got some orange juice out before Peter appeared. He looked slightly better than before but still didn't say a word and sat down. Tony poured himself a second cup of coffee before speaking, "So Pete, is there anything you wanna do today?" He watched for the boys reaction which just seemed to be a shrug. Tony nodded before heading to the living room to watch TV.

***

Peter only managed about one spoonful of cereal before he felt sick, he just couldn't eat. He got up and headed back to his bedroom where he lay down on his bed again. He didn't even know what he wanted, one second he wanted to be held by Mr Stark like the night before, but on the other hand he wanted to be alone. Peter let out a frustrated sigh before closing his eyes and curling around his pillow.

***

"Friday, what is Peter doing?" Tony asked. It had been around three hours since breakfast and he hadn't seen the kid since. "Peter is asleep Boss and has been for the past 3 hours and 27 minutes." Tony nodded and checked the time. 2:44pm. He decided to wake Peter up, he didn't want the kids sleep schedule to be messed up.

Tony headed to Peters room and cautiously opened the door. Peter lay there curled around a pillow while sleeping peacefully. Tony almost didn't want to wake him up but eventually decided against it. "Hey Pete, its time to get up bud." He watched as the boy slowly opened his eyes and focused them on Tony for a few seconds before sitting up and avoiding eye contact. "It's almost three, you hungry?" he asked the boy. Peter shook his head once again. "Did you wanna do anything?" The boy just shook his head again. "Can you give me a verbal response please?" Tony asked, only beginning to get slightly annoyed by the lack of words he was receiving. "And can't you just leave me alone!?" Peter suddenly yelled. Tony stood there frozen for a moment, Peter had never yelled at him before but apparently he hadn't meant to as he looked just as surprised by his own outburst. "Ok..I'll just go then.." Tony slowly got up and left the room slightly hurt, but if the kid needed space he needed space and Tony would do everything to help. He began to head down to the lab to work on some new projects.

***

Peter felt so guilty. He couldn't believe that he had just yelled at the only person in the world who seemed to care about him. Tears clouded his vision as he tried to compose himself but he just couldn't. He had to go and apologise. "Um..Friday? W-where is M-Mr Stark?" he asked. Friday replied, "Boss is currently in his lab, would you like me to call him for you?" she asked. Peter thought for a second, "No, no it's ok I can go." He got up and headed out the door to the elevator before heading down to the lab.

He opened the door to see Mr Stark sat there working hard. Peter couldn't hold it in anyone and let the tears fall before heading over to him. "M-m-mr S-stark?" he asked. The man turned around quickly before he looked at the tears down Peters face. "Oh my god, Pete what's wrong?" he said while heading over to him. Peter broke down, running to Mr Stark and jumping in his arms while full on sobbing. "I'm s-so sorry, i'm sorry I didn't mean to yell I swear, I don't know why I did it...please don't hate me.." he whispered the last part.

Tony wrapped his arms around him while and held him close. "It's ok, it's fine. You don't need to apologise and of course I don't hate you, I could never hate you." he said while giving him a kiss on the head. Peter just cried more and clung to the man tighter while Tony picked him up and brought him over to the sofa in the corner of the room. He sat Peter down next to him but before he could protest the boy climbed into his lap again and hugged him even tighter than before. Tony just sighed and hugged him back while letting the boy calm down.

A couple minutes passed before Peter finally stopped crying and fully relaxed in the mans arms. "Listen, I have been meaning to ask you something and it's about the apartment. Now, if you want to keep it I can totally keep paying rent, but if you wanna sell it that's totally fine too." Tony said while running his hands through the boys hair. Peter thought before replying, "Umm..y-you can s-sell i-it, but can w-we go one l-last t-time?" he finally answered.
"Of course bud, we can go and take anything you need, anything you want, and then sell it. That okay?" The boy nodded before closing his eyes and leaning his head on Tonys shoulder. "Thank you." he said quietly.

A/N: OMG thank you for all the reads!!!!! <3