Chapter 19: I need my Dad, p-please.

A/N: This Chapter is fluffy as hell so...enjoy!  Also would you guys be interested if I made a book of Merlin and Arthur oneshots? Please let me know! -EmeraldLokiMalfoy

It had been 2 days since Peter had gotten injured and he feeling much better. His ankle was still in a cast, but his head was completely fine, thanks to his quick healing.

"Hey Guys!" he said, walking into the living room where everyone was seated. "Hey." they all replied. Peter placed his crutches down and went to sit inbetween Tony and Bruce. "How is your ankle Peter?" the doctor asked, leaning forward to examine the cast. "It's fine, I should be able to walk in a day or two." he said smiling.

"That's great." Bruce said, but something strange sparked in his eyes, like he knew something Peter wasn't aware of. Brushing it away, he leaned into Tonys side, resting his head on his shoulder. Tony brushed a hand through the boys hair, pulling him alittle more securely against his side.

Peter knew that Tony was just nervous, worried that if he let the boy out of sight something bad might happen. But, in all honesty, Peter didn't mind this more affectionate side of the man, in fact, he liked it. "Hey Mr Clint? Do you wanna play Lego Marvel Super Heroes?" he asked.

"Cut the crap kid, you can call me Clint, and obviously I wanna play, I still need to beat you." the man said smiling, standing up to put the game into the TV. Peter was about to get up to walk over, more like hop over, to Clint when Tonys phone went off.

"Hello?" he asked. Peter watched as his expression went from confusion, to shock, to fear and then understanding. "Yes of course." he said, ending the phonecall.

"What? What's wrong?" Tony looked at Peter with a sad expression. "Pete, I need to leave to go to an urgent shield meeting." Oh. He was leaving? "When?" he asked. "Tonight at 8, I might not be back until tomorrow afternoon."

He frowned and looked at the man with sad eyes. "Really?" Tony nodded. "Don't worry I'll be fine, you go." He looked as if he were about to protexst before he nodded. "I'm sorry, I need to fly there so I should probably leave at 5. You sure you'll be fine?" he asked worriedly.

"Yes, I'll be okay."

***

Peter was most certainly not okay. He thought that Tony would leave, he would be fine, but of course that was not the case. Tony hadn't even left yet he was already panicking, worrying that something might happen.

It was 4:54pm and Peter knew Tony would be leaving any minute now, he was probably looking for him, wanting to say goodbye. As if the world was listening to his thoughts, there was a knock at the door before Tony opened it.

"Hey kid." he said, smiling sadly, moving to sit down next to him. "I'm going in a minute." Peter nodded and wrapped his arms around Tony. "I'm gonna miss you." he said. "I'm not gonna be gone for long buddie." he chuckled, though there was no real humor in his voice.

"Still gonna miss you though." he mumbled, slightly muffled by Tonys jacket that he had his face buried into. "I know, me too. But hey I'll be back in no time, you can play video games with Clint and watch movies. And do whatever you do with Loki." Peter smiled slightly.

"Okay, bye Mr Stark." He pulled back and looked at the man. "Bye kiddie." Ruffling the boys hair one more time, the man stood up and walked out the room, looking back to give him a small wave and a classic Tony Stark wink, though Peter knew what he really ment. Behind that wink was the words Everything will be okay.

***

Later that night, Peter was sat next to Bucky on the sofa, watching some movie about aliens when Bruce announced it was time for him to go to bed. "What?! Mr Stark told you my bedtime?" he asked incredulously. "Yes apartently, and I quote, 'Pete needs his beauty sleep otherwise he is all grumpy in the morning'." Bruce said chuckling.