18 Sweet Chaeyoung Pt. 2

Chapter 18: Sweet Chaeyoung Part 2

A/N: Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes in advance

"A night stroll?!"

Chaeyoung giggled at Jennie's dumbfounded expression "Yes wifey, I'm sure you do know what a night stroll is right?" She said in amusement.

Jennie huffed "Of course I know what it is," She said a bit harshly "What I mean is, why are we going on a night stroll?"

"To clear your mind" Chaeyoung smiled "I don't want you sleeping with problems hanging around your head"

"But aren't you sleepy? It's almost midnight" Jennie said seeing Chaeyoung's tired eyes. Chaeyoung shook her head "I'm perfectly fine. Come on let's just go"

Jennie reluctantly accepted Chaeyoung's offered hand and let herself be dragged. She watched Chaeyoung being as quiet as possible and couldn't help but smile a bit "So you probably got permission from our manager. Like how the heck did you make them agree about us going out at this time of night?"

Chaeyoung grinned and they were finally outside of their home. She looked back at Jennie and winked "That's because I didn't" She said simply and led Jennie to a place that she knows.

Jennie felt her jaw drop. Chaeyoung didn't ask for permission? The Park Chaeyoung didn't ask for permission? What was she thinking!

"This is going to get us in trouble," She thought. Not only that, it was night. It's really dangerous to go out at night especially for idols like them. She inspected Chaeyoung's determined expression and there she realized why.

"Why..." Jennie whispered making Chaeyoung stop walking to look at her questioningly. "Why are you willing to risk getting scolded and punished by our company just so you can cheer me up?"

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows at her confused but answered with a sure voice "Cheering you up is more of my priority right now"

"Just why hubby" Jennie furrowed her eyebrows. It is frustrating for her to figure out Chaeyoung since she never  breaks the rules even though she is a sweetheart. This time, she was being too sweet by risking everything just to cheer her up.

Chaeyoung turned around to face Jennie "Because," She placed her hand to Jennie's cheek to lift her face up. She smiled brightly "I don't want my wifey sleeping with those thoughts on her head. It pains me to see you like that and I know you need someone to remind you how special you are" Jennie blushed and looked away, she can't stare at Chaeyoung too much since it was making her heart work overtime. She shivered a bit and felt a jacket placed around her.

"Here, this should warm you up" Chaeyoung smiled and held Jennie's hand "Let's go. I know just a place to cheer you up"

Jennie grinned softly, just when she thought she couldn't fall in love further with the girl, she just keeps on surprising her. "I love you hubby" She whispered, pulling the jacket much closer to her body, Chaeyoung's scent all around it completely relaxing her.

They stopped by a market and Jennie watched Chaeyoung look around "I swear it's around here" She mumbled.

Jennie giggled "Just tell me what you're buying so I could help you silly"

Chaeyoung looked at her and brightened up "Aha! Found it" She exclaimed before going over to Jennie's side and taking something behind her.

"Just what did you fin-" Jennie couldn't finish her sentence because her eyes twinkled in happiness when she saw her favorite food in Chaeyoung's hand.

"Milk ice cream" Chaeyoung grinned and went to the cashier "Your favorite"

Jennie squealed loudly causing Chaeyoung to cover her mouth while holding her laugh "Shhhh we don't want anyone to recognize us" Chaeyoung said biting her lips to desperately hide her laughter seeing Jennie acting like a kid. Jennie stared at Chaeyoung with a happy smile and nodded, obediently quieting down and jumping a bit. Chaeyoung shook her head and grabbed Jennie's hand to lead them towards the cashier. Thankfully Chaeyoung also brought them their mask so people won't recognize them too much.